Hi again, BR questions

Options
Hi me again, contacted the local court and received the forms. Lovely lady said to call when we had completed the forms and we would be seen within a few days.

Firstly do we fill the forms out exactly the same?

Do we include the DLA? (its for my son)

Is it OK to withdraw a fairly large sum of money from the bank? (Rent/car Tax and BR fees-all necessary for the next two weeks)
No other bizarre withdrawals in years.

Have already just had husband wages re-routed to my mums account (temporary whilst we open basic account) and as soon as I have an account number will change the benefits.
:starmod: I am not that savage :heartpuls But I am a Vixen :staradmin

Comments

• Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    Hi me again, contacted the local court and received the forms. Lovely lady said to call when we had completed the forms and we would be seen within a few days.

Firstly do we fill the forms out exactly the same?

Do we include the DLA? (its for my son)

Is it OK to withdraw a fairly large sum of money from the bank? (Rent/car Tax and BR fees-all necessary for the next two weeks)
    No other bizarre withdrawals in years.

Have already just had husband wages re-routed to my mums account (temporary whilst we open basic account) and as soon as I have an account number will change the benefits.

Hi Foxy,

We filled our forms out exactly the same, we had a joint bank account and all the bills were paid from there but I don’t think it matters if one spouse pays the mortgage and the other the grocery bills; they’re still your household bills.

My understanding is that you don’t include DLA, but I have read that some O.R’s want you to include it but then put a balancing entry on the expenditure side. I don’t think it matters for your original forms as long as you tell the O.R about it during your interview.

We withdrew all our available cash and no questions were asked; the O.R appreciates that you have to live during the period after being declared bankrupt and if you have no banking facilities then bills have to be paid from somewhere.

Good move with your O.H’s wages, I had my salary paid into our teenage daughter’s bank account but it was a challenge getting it all back :eek: .

Good luck,

Richard
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family