Where to live outside of Glasgow?

Options
5hpr
5hpr Posts: 22 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Hi there,

I am looking to buy my first property. I currently rent in Wemyss Bay. I would like to move somewhere closer to Glasgow. I had my heart set on Shawlands - but the properties are mainly tenements (which I'm not a fan of) and parking can be problematic.

I am happy to look further afield, but would really like to live somewhere with a nice vibe and good amenities (Shawlands definitely ticked that box).

Really anywhere that's in a 10 mile radius of Glasgow would be great. Ideally need a train line to the city centre.

Many thanks for all your recommendations.

Comments

• Skibunny40
    Options
    Depending on how much you have to spend and size of property ( 1 bedroom?) tenements are the main choice...
  • borders
    borders Posts: 683 Forumite
    Options
    Renfrew? One of the few places where most of the pubs have survived. Also next to Braehead with the shops and facilities there. Decent bus links to Glasgow and Paisley.
  • 5hpr
    5hpr Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    Skibunny40 wrote: »
    Depending on how much you have to spend and size of property ( 1 bedroom?) tenements are the main choice...

My budget is probably £180,000 top. I'd feel more comfortable in the £160-170k region. Looking for two bedrooms.
  • oldernonethewiser
    Options
    Have you tried Rutherglen area. Decent bus and trains links to the city centre.
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bothwell???
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Cambuslang is nice, Bothwell, Uddingston has lovely new builds, East Kilbride, Coatbridge
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport