MissHG Posts: 12 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
:(

Comments

• Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Think you need to be a bit more detailed; never heard of them.

Is he currently in paid work?
  • MissHG
    Options
    They’re essentially an agency. He’s undertaken 5 months unpaid training so far.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Right, I’ve had a look.

It seems there up to 14 weeks in paid training and a year exclusivity clause. Has he completed the training?

I assume yes, but just checking.

In any case, he’s an adult and signed up to it. Even though I think these scheme are rubbish; they’re not illegal
  • MissHG
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to have a look.
    Yes he’s completed the training so was just looking at whether they or we have a leg to stand on if he does leave after the 90 days.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just to add my son went through this group and has ended up in an extremely well paid job (they kept him on after his 2 year required placement) and earns considerably more than the national average. He had to move for his placement which is in a completely different bit of the country, but at every point they made this all clear before he went ahead and ensured he fully understood what he was signing up for.

There were no nasty surprises, they didn't hide anything nor did they pretend that work would be local , he has nothing but praise for them.

I don't think the scheme would suit everyone and a few do drop out and repay the training costs (usually because they find well paid work after training) but it is important to understand what you are signing up for.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There was legal action last year, don't know whether the case has gone through court yet though

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jun/01/capita-and-fdm-group-face-legal-action-from-former-employees-over-exit-fees
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure