Leaving before notice period finish

Options
2»

Comments

• konradw
    Options
    But because I have only been here for 4 months I might not need the reference from them, and say that I was traveling during that time.
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    konradw wrote: »
    But because I have only been here for 4 months I might not need the reference from them, and say that I was traveling during that time.

And when HMRC send through your new tax code and it shows earnings...

Now your sacked for gross misconduct.

You're also in front of General Pharmaceutical Council.

Career is over.
  • konradw
    Options
    Can't I just send an email to payroll to take me off, as I'm not planning to come after a specific date ?
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can't I just send an email to payroll to take me off, as I'm not planning to come after a specific date ?

No you can’t. You have a contract. As yours is a critical role the trust will have to replace you with agency. That’s almost double the cost, so you may well be pursued for that.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,489 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options

Which translates as "But because I have only been here for 4 months I mightn not need the reference from them, and I can lie about what I was doing in that time". Good career move when its entirely possible that your name could get back to your existing employer, particularly if you intend to continue living in the same area.
  • martinbuckley
    martinbuckley Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    and say that I was traveling during that time.

Fiona Onasanya thought it would be ok if she said someone else was driving her car when it was clocked speeding.

That turned out well for her....
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does your contract specify a lower notice period during your probation period?
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • Kentish_Dave
    Kentish_Dave Posts: 842 Forumite
    Options
    Brilliant, a dishonest pharmacist who’s willing to commit fraud for such a minor advantage.

If you are genuine here, and not a troll, please sit down and consider where you want your life to go from here. You must have had a very long path to get a job as a pharmacist and you are now talking about never being able to hold down a professional job ever again by risking a fraud conviction.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    The correct thing to do is tell your potential new employer you made a mistake on notice and cannot start untill dd/mm/yyyy.

Then hope you still have a job to go to.
  • DontBringBertie
    Options
    Comms69 wrote: »
    I know plenty of admin staff where temporary workers are at £500+ a day...

£500 a day for admin staff?! Seems highly unlikely. If so, where can I sign up?

We had interim Senior Procurement Managers working in London (FTSE 100 company) and most were on £350-£450 a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure