Are these mystery shopping companies genuine?

Options
2»

Comments

• paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    FWIW I've done a few shops for retailactive, they are very much real. It's not a shortcut to riches, but if you're in town and fancy an odd fiver (taxable, remember) for 10 mins in a shop and another 15 mins filling out forms no problem. If you do so many shops and provide good responses you start getting calls for more lucrative gigs like shopper surveys.
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    paddyrg wrote: »
    FWIW I've done a few shops for retailactive, they are very much real. It's not a shortcut to riches, but if you're in town and fancy an odd fiver (taxable, remember) for 10 mins in a shop and another 15 mins filling out forms no problem. If you do so many shops and provide good responses you start getting calls for more lucrative gigs like shopper surveys.

Totes agree. Some of their visits are poorly paid (but then which mystery shopping company pays highly for all their visits!), but some of them are excellent compared to others. Plus if you use items from those shops etc, it can come in handy.

As Whitelabel says, there is a whole thread which is filled with facts and information. For new starters, have a look on there.

Good luck.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why are there so many newbies bigging up Viewsband?
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    katykicker wrote: »

There is two sides to Viewsbank, the surveys and assignments. I have not really worked out whether this site is worth staying on my must do list. I only do the surveys and Tbh some of the surveys seem a bit bizarre in terms of subject matter. It takes a while to build up to the pay out of six pound pay out as the surveys typically pay 20 pence although short in nature. Jury is out for me as it easier to build up credit with Valued Opinions or Panelbase
  • ljshopper
    Options
    katykicker wrote: »

Its not very subtle is it ?
  • HollieB
    HollieB Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone, i joined loads of survey sites and never got paid out from any except for viewsbank. They are really good and always reply to questions/problems etc. I highly recommend them. They have surveys, mystery shopping jobs, joke of the week (which they give £5 for!!) and something to do with Bristol Pitbulls which i have no clue about but you can win stuff if you predict who wins.
  • GlynD
    GlynD Posts: 10,883 Forumite
    Options
    GfK were the best I ever worked for. To the extent that I stopped taking assignments for anyone else. I never had any trouble getting paid from any of the companies I did work for.

GfK though. I've seen me set out in the morning with a sheaf of assignments, anything up to ten, and not return until 9pm at night. Sometimes this would go on for two or three days. Great assignments, great jobs, fantastic reps at GfK to work with and paid at the end of every month on the button.
  • Oddjob
    Oddjob Posts: 590 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GlynD wrote: »
    GfK were the best I ever worked for. To the extent that I stopped taking assignments for anyone else. I never had any trouble getting paid from any of the companies I did work for.

GfK though. I've seen me set out in the morning with a sheaf of assignments, anything up to ten, and not return until 9pm at night. Sometimes this would go on for two or three days. Great assignments, great jobs, fantastic reps at GfK to work with and paid at the end of every month on the button.

That was the good old days before everyone jumped on the bandwagon, now they want far too much for the money they pay. Pictures of this, pictures of that. No mileage or parking. I started work for them about 15 years ago and yes, it was good to work for them, really nice jobs decent pay, but I hardly do anything for them now.
  • forestlands
    forestlands Posts: 105 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Better late than never! Stear clear of Viewsbank, did another survey tonight and was told gave the wrong answer so wouldn't get paid - never received a penny from any survery! Stay safe, wouldn't recommend!
  • Larac
    Larac Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Would beg to differ. I have been paid three times for surveys having met the pay out level by Viewsbank and paid for a mystery shop.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure