Missing lateral incisive & dental implants

Options
2»

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would expect to pay £2k - £2.5k for a local dentist that’s not in London.
  • lozzy81
    lozzy81 Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i have just had a consultation in Edinburgh for 2 teeth, for the titanium implant its £1250 and for the crown on top its another £12500, so approx £5k for both teeth, but i need a bone density scan and may need bone grafting which will cost extra so costs are a bit unpredictable, but they do have a finance package that can help spread the cost, i'm ok about paying the money, its the pain and how long after i will be in pain that is worrying me!
    Anyone have any idea what that is like? drilling into bone sounds very painful
    Virtual sealed pot 2019 member #6 :j
    £0.00/£200 :)
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Sooo expensive i might do false tooth if that is an option
  • Toothsmith
    Toothsmith Posts: 10,074 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    mrs_lds wrote: »
    Sooo expensive i might do false tooth if that is an option

Dentures are still perfectly good options. They also don't exclude the possibility of an implant later on if circumstances change.

But it is much much better to have a simple treatment done well and within your budget than to get ultra complex treatments done as cheaply as you can possibly find.
    How to find a dentist.
    1. Get recommendations from friends/family/neighbours/etc.
    2. Once you have a short-list, VISIT the practices - dont just phone. Go on the pretext of getting a Practice Leaflet.
    3. Assess the helpfulness of the staff and the level of the facilities.
    4. Only book initial appointment when you find a place you are happy with.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,962 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone have any idea what that is like? drilling into bone sounds very painful

Easier than a root filling! The procedure isn't painful as you are numbed up. I found some soreness for a few days afterwards, but nothing unbearable. Each stage is less intrusive than the previous stage.

The most pain is to your purse!
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • humptydumptybits
    Options
    I was at my dentist yesterday and reading all their info while waiting, they charge £2,250 for an implant. I'm in the south west.
  • worried123
    worried123 Posts: 519 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sweetsugar, toothsmith gives fabulous advice. good luck with it all. hope your teeth look great after its all sorted out and done.

i, for one, just wish that dental costs werent so scary.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure