50% off selected Tefal Actifrys

I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    I had a Tefal Actifry for several years, decent product. It wasn't cheap to buy, took up a lot of space, filled up most of the dishwasher to clean. Chips came out a bit on the dry side but healthy of course.

We scrapped it as frankly found a tastier and far better alternative method:

Put a couple of tablespoons of oil in a bowl, add enough paprika to cover the oil, then a little onion salt (or normal salt). Cut potatoes (Maris Piper) into thin fries, toss all the chips in the oil mix in your hands until well coated and then put the coated potatoes into the oven on a tray lined with baking paper / greaseproof paper. Cook at about 190 celcius for about 15 minutes or until chips are browning but not burnt.

Seriously, they are as healthy as Tefal cooked ones however far far tastier (and quicker) to make. You'll not want to use your Tefal again. Instead of being quite dry they come out moist (but fully cooked) which makes a lot of difference to taste.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure