Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• janed9388
    janed9388 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can use more than one gregs voucher from AP in one transaction ? just had lunch from there and they said not, but I wasn't too convinced they understood the question !!
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    janed9388 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can use more than one gregs voucher from AP in one transaction ? just had lunch from there and they said not, but I wasn't too convinced they understood the question !!

Yes you can, Ive used two in one transaction quite a few times.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bubbs enjoy your party.
  • pandoraskids
    pandoraskids Posts: 899 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Anyone doing this? I seem to get a free ribena every other day :)

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5855875
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    janed9388 wrote: »

Yes, no issue at all, it just takes £3/£5 off at a time - the most I have used is 4 in one transaction.

HTH

Anon
  • nanx4
    nanx4 Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    :footie::footie::footie: FOOTBALLS COMING HOME :footie::footie::footie:

COME ON ENGLAND
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone doing this? I seem to get a free ribena every other day :)

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5855875

Ta for this, sadly no win today.

Maybe a kind person would shout out a reminder every day - its the sort of little games the Elite do very well with :T
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    A v S

1x L'Oreal Elvive Colour Protect Coloured Hair Conditioner (50ml) £1.50 £1.00
    1x L'Oreal Elvive Colour Protect Coloured Hair Shampoo (50ml) £1.50 £1.00
    1x Nivea Mini Anti-Perspirant deodorant - pearl beauty (35ml) £1.50 £1.00

Before you get too excited, these are travel sizes but might be of use to someone.

Work out at £1.20 for 3, any combination.

Could be useful fillers v S:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    curlgirl wrote: »
    couple of shops from today, I was down at Carlisle so was doing a bit of an English 'booze cruise'
    I also had 4 X Marston's 61 Deep Pale Ale(500ml) £1.65 any 4 for £6.00 which are not on the APG Might work as a trigger but have not checked if there are any good comparisons

15 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Whiskas 1+ Cat Complete Dry with Tuna (2kg) £4.00 £3.50
    1x Kellogg's Special K Original (500g) £2.00 £2.00
    4x Wychwood Brewery Hobgoblin IPA (500ml) £6.00 £6.00
    3x Ringwood Brewery Razorback Craft Ale (500ml) £3.00 N/A
    2x Uncle Ben's Sweet and Sour Cooking Sauce (450g) £3.76 £2.00
    1x Philadelphia Soft Cheese Caramelised Onion (170g) £1.00 £1.00
    3x Wychwood Brewery Hobgoblin Gold (500ml) £3.75 £3.00
    1x Whiskas 7+ Senior Complete Dry Cat Food with Chicken (1.9kg) £4.00 £3.50
    1x Philadelphia Light Soft Cheese With Garlic & Herbs (170g) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Flora Buttery Spread (1kg) £2.98 £2.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £28.49 £24.00
    +£4.49 cheaper

10 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Kellogg's Special K Original (500g) £2.00 £2.00
    1x Comfort Intense Concentrated Fabric Conditioner Luxurious 64 Washes (960ml) £4.00 £2.34
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.11 £0.15
    1x Ringwood Brewery Razorback Craft Ale (500ml) £1.00 N/A
    1x Comfort Intense Fabric Conditioner Fuchsia Passion 64 Washes (960ml) £4.00 £2.33
    0.25x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.18 £0.18
    1x Wychwood Brewery Fire Catcher Dazzling Golden Beer (500ml) £1.00 £0.98
    1x Comfort Intense Fabric Conditioner Fresh Sky 64 Washes (960ml) £4.00 £2.33
    1x Morland Brewery Old Speckled Hen Strong Fine Ale (500ml) £1.65 £1.00
    1x Wychwood Brewery Hobgoblin Gold (500ml) £1.25 £1.00
    1x Philadelphia Light Soft Cheese (180g) £1.00 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £19.19 £13.31
    +£5.88 cheaper

There are often potential good comparisons on my list as various ones that are on 4 for £6 in A regularly go onto £1 price in M and that's dealt with my problem of losing Marstons 61 in M, that went to £1 there and then disappeared for me, as I can now remove it from my list (if indeed it's still there). I do not know whether it is still £1 in M, due to losing it. Shame it is not a visible trigger and does not compare itself against £1 M.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    czerniacha wrote: »
    Oh zippy so sorry to see that happen to you :(
    It is so easy to get carried away with mse
    I remember when I first joined and we had all those fantastic Tesco deals(dtd vouchers etc) and APGs I was literally obsessed, it was taking over my life and all I could see is how much free stuff I am getting. I was sharing the love and saving lots of money that we would spend on food but I do remember my ex complaining about how much time I am spending on the laptop and even tho he was spending lots of time playing computer games and in the end none of it was the reason we broke up it did cause some issues in our relationship...
    now I'm with my current BF I would not risk it for mse, I lurk every now and again but mostly when I'm on the bus or home alone
    And it's not just mse, it's so sad to see how people's lives nowadays are taken over by technology... couples in restaurants looking at their phones instead of talking, families with children who want nothing but screens...
    BF and I make an effort to put phones away when we are together, on holidays we leave them in the hotel room, we might not take lots of photos but we make memories and that's more important to us
    He was encouraging me to join mse again as I told him all the stories about free stuff but I know myself and as much as I love you guys I'm not going to risk my relationship, I impress him with a bargain every now and again but I'm lucky to not have to be mse
    As much as we loved free pizza(or five lol) we need to remember to put the loved ones in our lives first xxx

Such a good post:)

It's not purely a generational thing either. We ate out last night and at the table next to us, a middle aged couple spent most of the night looking at their phones.

I wondered if they were texting each other:o

I would be mortally offended if someone did that to me......this is certainly not aimed at you zippy.:A

We must remember that we have a choice.....we can choose to leave our phones at home:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills