PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 13 October 2019

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 13 October 2019 at 8:37AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Sunday 13 October 2019

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need them, those who are poorly and those who are looking after a poorly person x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Raining steadily here, it;s rather dull and dreich too it has been raining since sometime in the night, lots of laying water, and forecast to last all day, not cold though.

DH watching catchup tv whilst enjoying first cuppa, I'm showered, dressed and enjoying my first cuppa and my porridge whilst on here. DS1 still in his pit, DS2 settled and ok.

Dinner last night was hot quiche, scotch egg, ham, pork pie, cheese, salad, skinny chips and coleslaw. Today we'll be having roast pork, roasties, mash, cauli/broc cheese, carrots, swede, peas, yorkshires and gravy.

I don't think we'll be doing much today - we didn't do much yesterday either.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I wasn't expecting great weather this week but sunday was warm and sunny all day and I felt a bit overdressed :D Monday was windy and heavy rain. The rest of the week was sun and showers so we spent a lot of time ambling along beaches. Scamp met loads of dogs, he was a bit nervous but very polite. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm so pleased to be back. I wasn't bothered about going to be honest, I'd have happily stayed home. I'm trying to get the mountain of washing dry, not easy with rainy weather and no tumble dryer :D The heating is on at the moment so that'll help. No plans for the rest of the day, other than sorting washing and decanting small bottles of shower gel etc. back into the large bottles :D[/FONT]
    Bulletproof
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all.

It's lovely to be home, I'm enjoying watching the tide go out so will stay in bed a bit longer.

I've lost my voice completely now. Can't even whisper. Suits me fine. There's no-one here to talk to and, if any neighbours call in they won't stay long.

I've no plans so will see how the day goes. It's very soggy here. The lawn in the back garden is bouncy with water. Don't think I'll be out there too much though I may go for a short walk later.

Happy Sunday to all.
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello x
    Very wet here Molly Dog refused her walk with Darling Husband - her favourite human :eek:
    We are baking this afternoon again an activity I have not done in a long time so looking forward to that - as are the boys!
    Hope you have a peaceful Sunday x
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Raining here again and set in for the day, a perfect excuse to stay in all day which I hardly ever do but really enjoy.

Im going to finish my tea and then make some soup I have bought some low carb bread in sainsbugs so soup and a slice of bread will be lovely for some lunches at work

I also have a nice bit of beef to cook so will do roasties yorkshires, swede carrot and onion mashed and some cabbage I will plate another two dinners for tomorrow as well so thats an easy dinner tomorrow after work.

Will have a shower later and then settle down for a rest while OH takes the pup out for her walk, she will absolutely insist on her walk no matter what the weather and yesterday they both came back like drowned rats !!

Gers enjoy being at home xx

Have good days all xx
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,084 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all,
    Not posted for a few day,life getting in the way.We have been out for our walk,raining again but yesterday was dry for a change. I took the DGC to the park after swimming/football and there were quite a few others doing the same.The kids weighed my pockets down with conkers :rotfl:

We had some sad news on Friday, my uncle passed away after several weeks in hospital. DH was very fond of him too,they worked together for a few years after we got married.

I'm also worried about Auntie who is still in hospital and no where near ready to come home according to her daughter - I really miss popping up to see her.She is actually my DMs cousin and gave me my 1st Saturday job as a 16 yr old :D , and shared things like how my mum & dad first met,which I never knew and never thought to ask when they were still alive :( . On the other hand DHs Auntie celebrated her 96th birthday yesterday :T
    No cooking for me tonight,my youngest niece has arranged a surprise meal for DB's 60th at a local pub so hopefully that'll be nice.
    The cloakroom is finished :T,DH is just going to put the last pieces of beading on one side of the new kitchen floor this morning,then there is 'only' the decorating to finish.I am really pleased with how it's turned out.
    Hope you all enjoy your Sunday xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone

Just about to go and wash my hair and put some laundry in the tumble drier before getting dressed and making a brunch that is SW friendly as I have just re joined.

Getting the bus to York to see a dd around one and getting her to choose a birthday present as her birthday is on Saturday and we are having a family get together.

Planning low syn sausages and mash with carrots and turnips mixed in for tonight and a yoghurt and fruit for later.

Older dd has just found out baby cannot go to nursery tomorrow and Tuesday so I offered for them to come to me so she could still work from home. Will set the alarm clock for seven a.m. and planning an early night.

Hugs to all.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Afternoon All

I've done the shopping at Aldi and taken friends to Costco, not all bad as I got some Christmas presents and some new cosy slippers.

Called in to see the baby on the way back, friends couldn't believe how much she's grown.

I'm having a chilled afternoon, because I can!

Happy Sunday, take care. XX
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Rain here this morning, sun shining now, taking things easy, going to do some knitting and rest my feet.

Hoping to see DGCS;4,5 and 6 at some stage, haven't seen them all week for one reason or another.

There are lots of leftovers in fridge so we are have a pick añd mix dinner today.

We have some problem with water,. OH had a shower with no problem in our shower this morning, when I went in there was a funny sound and very little water coming so turned it off, then later shower over bath in bathroom wasn't working, so we all showered in downstairs one, which is working perfectly...,...more money no doubt!!

Have a good day

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    It's been low level raining here all day. Enough to keep me indoors all day.

I've been very restful (i.e. idle) so can only report watching a red robin sitting opposite my from my front window with the odd spotting of a hunting sparrow hawk. Happily, the two didn't meet.

My electric throw is wrapped round me as I haven't got enough logs in the house to start the stove. Not sure I could bring many in from the barn anyway. Only a month to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure