PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 20 March 2017

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 20 March 2017 at 7:21AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Monday 20 March 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit.

Now light but wet underfoot and rain is forecast for most of the day.

Lunch yesterday was roast pork, roasties, mash, cabbage, carrots, broc, peas, yorkshires and gravy - all eaten and enjoyed, no leftovers. Dinner tonight will be fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg.

We were quite productive over the weekend, menfolk finished off sorting the door out, DH then got some jobs in the garden done and we visited the outlaws and my parents. Once we were home and eaten lunch we had a chilled afternoon.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Happy Spring :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The Vax attachment has been found, I just need to read the instruction book to learn how to use it, lol. I'll take the cushions off one sofa and do them in the kitchen, I can put them straight outside where they'll hopefully dry off quickly. Then I'll do the main bit. I have no idea how long it'll take to dry so I'm only planning on doing one today – can't go a whole evening without a dry sofa to sit on :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]My to-do list for today is very long, I'm not going to manage it all. I'll do the most important things first then see how it goes. Will definitely clean a sofa, go through the bank statements, clean the bathroom, box up some eggs and do an online shop. Then see how fast I can whizz through the rest, but I think I'll be rewriting some of it onto tomorrow's diary page :D
    [/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Monday already and the first day of spring - wish the weather would cheer up a bit! There was glorious sunshine yesterday with really heavy showers thrown in, more of the same today I think.

I put some washing in the conservatory and left the door open a bit, it dried quite quickly so that's all up to date. DW emptied and had a quick hoover round yesterday so not too bad.

DDs bedroom here is full of stuff she wants storing in the loft - she'll have to come and help me put it up there some time.

Hope you all had a good weekend and have a good week ahead. Take care. XX
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning :hello:

Breakfasts and lunches made. Need to do bread before I head to gym.

Then quick visit to a friend who's struggling - I'm going to pick up some flowers and have chocolate brownies. Cure ALL.

This afternoon I have work to do - Back tomorrow. And then running club. It's raining, but at least it will be daylight.

Have a great day everybody.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC.

We are still on track for going over to the caravan site to start opening up. Drizzling at the moment but at least the wind has dropped! The forecast is for a dry and sunny afternoon so that's a bonus! I have just packed a box of sarnies and other snacks to keep us going through the day. Will make up a big flask of coffee just before we set off as it may be a while before we get the electric connected up.

DS coming for breakfast before we set off. Bacon, sausage, egg and beans for him. Just bacon sandwiches for me and Mr TA. Can't wait to see our little woodland site again after the winter and hope we are not beset with problems! (That would be a first!!) Whether we get over much this year depends on Mr TA's treatment and prognosis but it's fingers crossed on that.

Have a good day all and (HUGS) for the poorlies, sad and worried who want one. Take care whatever you are up to xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all.
    I'm already at work, we arrived at 6:30 and a staff member arrived seconds after us, mad rush then to get the school open for her.
    I couldn't post over the weekend there was no WiFi and no phone signal on the Marina, we went to a nearby pub that has both And I got 143 emails and 17 text messages.
    I need to do an online shop and get a stock of things for the boat, last night I ordered a companion set for the stove and now I need to track down a fireguard for it.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Damp drizzly and overcast here with a strong wind its a bit miserable all round looks more like winter than spring :(

Off to work for me the weekends seem to go in a flash, lets hope the week goes as quick !

Spag bol for dinner tonght and I must at least start an online shop we are running very low on stocks, there is a new aldi opening locally which I cant wait for as I can then go regularly and stock up :j

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Rain and wind here still!

I've been awake a lot last night, it's the first anniversary of my nephew's death in Melbourne so there's been texts flying back and forward with the other three and SIL. She is burying her father on Friday coming. Sad times.

I'll probably have a snooze later as I've got this trip to Glasgow and back later this afternoon. That's my day!

Yesterday I filled a rubbish bag with stuff from the window ledge, put three pairs of shoes and a huge box of other stuff in the small barn and bagged up recycling all from the utility room.

I hope everyone enjoys today and has a happy Monday.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Hope you're all well.

Terrible rain here this morning. Was crazy when I was getting into the car this morning.

Relaxed day yesterday means I'm fresh today. Playing football tonight with people from work which will be good fun. Not much else planned.

TA - Enjoy the caravan
    Gers - Safe travels
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone, Happy Ostara to you all!

Cloudy but dry here, waiting for the weather to come over. Intend to get all my chores done this morning and then spend the afternoon snuggled on the sofa with my latest book.

Thinking of you Gers x

Have a good day everyone.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning (((((((((( hugs )))))))))) if you need one.

Shocking night again, I had been sleeping so much better till recently, real pitb.

Monday clean to do. Did not put the washer on last night, OH said it was going to rain, woke up to bright sunshine. Tough not putting it on now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure