Vauxhall book a test drive, get free gift (worth up to £100)

Options
Take a test drive, choose a gift. Whether you buy a car or not.

If you take a Vauxhall test drive on our range of cars and vans between 1 August and 9 September, you can choose one of five fantastic gifts as a thank-you.

You could get yourself either an Amazon Echo Dot, Amazon Fire 7 32GB Tablet or Amazon Echo Show 5. Or how about a family day out at one of the UK’s top attractions? Or, if you prefer, we’ll donate £50 to your favourite charity.

https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/test-drive.html?intcid=hp-banner-1-testdrive

Comments

• girfrommars
    Options
    Anyone done this?
  • couriervanman
    couriervanman Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    T&Cs mention no purchase necessary.........might be tricky trying to get the two id codes needed
  • pphillips
    pphillips Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Went through the website but got a call back from my local dealer to say they haven't been provided with any codes to give out.
  • olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    My local dealer had the codes but I didn't get an email confirmation from the online booking system with the first code required.

Email sent to Vauxhall . . .
  • MDE
    MDE Posts: 163 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I booked last week, took the test drive Friday, got both codes (emailed one and one from the dealer following the drive) and I will submit the claim on Monday. The card with the code said this was needed for test drives taken Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

All very painless but I should point out that I am in the market for a car in the next few months and so was a genuine buyer. I don't feel it fair to waste the dealers time or have them incur the cost of a test drive unless you are potentially a genuine buyer.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MDE wrote: »
    I don't feel it fair to waste the dealers time or have them incur the cost of a test drive unless you are potentially a genuine buyer.

The whole idea is that you might become a potential customer. You might like one of their vehicles so much that when you are about to purchase a new car you return to the Vauxhall dealer.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • DavyJones61
    Options
    I don't feel it fair to waste the dealers time or have them incur the cost of a test drive unless you are potentially a genuine buyer.

That's their problem.

I did it.

Filled out the form a week last Sunday, took the test drive on Wednesday and my Amazon echo 5 arrived today.

Just setting it up now.

Downloading updates.
  • olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I had to ring Vauxhall CS to get my code - they had a list of email addresses that hadn't received their codes.

Tried to claim my gift (took test drive last Thursday) but just get a message stating that one of the two codes is incorrect.

Will try again tomorrow (as it says to leave it 72 hours from time of test drive) - if it still fails then I'll ring Vauxhall. AGAIN.
  • DavyJones61
    Options
    I got my code after the test drive and used it and the code I was sent by email when I applied for the test drive the next day.
    I had no problems.
  • Helen28
    Helen28 Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I booked a test drive and got my Echo Show 5 yesterday
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income