After the Work Programme

Options

Comments

• donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AP007 wrote: »
    But anyway getting back to the thread I have had no exit interview and have no idea at all what the WP wrote about me other than the lies saying I missed 8 appointments!

I am expecting a call from the JC on Wednesday so will ask her again for a copy but this wont tell me the date I was supposed to have missed and the WP wont tell me.
    i can understand your annoyance that they are witholding info and lying but unless you suffer some negative consequence i wouldnt worry too much about it.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    forgot a couple of things. adviser said i should set my cv on ujm to public so employers can find me. not a good idea i think due to identity theft. they also said they will soon be able to send us messages through the site. i think they are assuming i have allowed access.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    busy_mom wrote: »
    On the back of a jobseekers agreement there is a box to tick for this, allowing JCP to contact employers for feedback,
    not on mine there isnt. there is a box for me to agree to contact employers for feedback but not one allowing the jobcentre to contact them.
  • AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Options
    i can understand your annoyance that they are witholding info and lying but unless you suffer some negative consequence i wouldnt worry too much about it.
    It allows the JCP to believe what they have said about me and its 100% not true!
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    AP007 wrote: »
    It allows the JCP to believe what they have said about me and its 100% not true!
    i know and i agree its annoying but like i said unless you suffer a negative consequence dont worry too much.
  • AP007
    edited 29 July 2013 at 4:42PM
    Options
    i know and i agree its annoying but like i said unless you suffer a negative consequence dont worry too much.
    I am taking it as far as I can as I told them when they lied before and reported me for not attending appointments that never existed not to mess with me and they admitted these appointments never even were appointments. They have had plenty of warning!

Now I feel they have sent this list along with one that was cancelled by text and one where I was sent home making the list theysay I never attended.

If they don't want to get people into trouble why are they telling lies? There is no need and they have not heard the last from me.

I have asked the JCP in writing to request a list of the dates.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Jerry_Mander
    Jerry_Mander Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    AP007, if you want your report refer the WP provider to this:

"Copy of Exit Report for Participant

There is one small policy change in respect of giving the participant a copy of their Exit Report. Current guidance states all participants must receive a copy of the report but some of you pointed out this would mean potentially a lot of sensitive information going out by post.
    To minimise the risk of their Exit Report not being received or received at the wrong address. Participants should be provided with a copy of the Exit Report where you are in face to face contact with the participant or let participants know by post that they are entitled toa copy of the Exit Report on request and make arrangements for the report to be collected or posted. Before posting ensure the participant is aware of the risks of sending personal information via post."

• AP007
    Options
    AP007, if you want your report refer the WP provider to this:

"Copy of Exit Report for Participant

There is one small policy change in respect of giving the participant a copy of their Exit Report. Current guidance states all participants must receive a copy of the report but some of you pointed out this would mean potentially a lot of sensitive information going out by post.
    To minimise the risk of their Exit Report not being received or received at the wrong address. Participants should be provided with a copy of the Exit Report where you are in face to face contact with the participant or let participants know by post that they are entitled toa copy of the Exit Report on request and make arrangements for the report to be collected or posted. Before posting ensure the participant is aware of the risks of sending personal information via post."

Well done!!

The WP have told me 3 times I am not entitled to see it and they only have to get a copy to the JC and if I want to see it I have to request it from the JC and they in turn request more info from the WP

This then reads as they are lying as there are people on here too who have copies of theirs so maybe my provider thinks there is a separate rule for them!!

I have sent the provider the link and noted page 2 for them to read and suggested maybe they didn't get the memo or they think it don't apply to them!

thanks!
  • cazcl
    cazcl Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    I finished the two year work programme in June.
    Now I sign on one week and see my advisor the following week.
    I am doing all that is required of me and she seems happy with that.
    It was mentioned at my second meeting with her that I would have to do some form of voluntary work, anythig from 2-8 weeks - OK for me. She said that I could find my own - even better.
    A local charity shop offered me (ongoing) two days per week but to check with JC first.
    Today I mentioned this and was told that that would be OK but when they decide to send me to one of their "listed" shops I would have to do that for 2-8 weeks! I've found 2 days a week all year round but that's not good enough, can anyone fathom this out because I can't. Rules is rules!!
    Not much chance of me finding a job - I am 60.
  • Jerry_Mander
    Jerry_Mander Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    cazcl wrote: »
    I would have to do some form of voluntary work, anythig from 2-8 weeks

The clue is in the title cazcl! Voluntary means just that. If you don't want to do it you don't have to.

What you're describing sounds more like Mandatory Work Activity (MWA) where they tell you where you work and for how long.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure