PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 18th August 2019

Options
13»

Comments

• ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, am late here.

Welcome to our new posters!

Rosyred I do like your description - melt in the moth. Just very appetising!

I had a quite bad night, awake at 3 and couldn't get back to sleep so got up a little before 4 am. I've been a busy beetle, cleaning windows, raking up leaves, sweeping and I made 12 Yorkshire puddings, some for tonight's meal (roast chicken) and some for the freezer. I can't find the freezer bags so they have been wrapped in the plastic cover from the Sunday Times magazine. I do try to reuse things like that but this is possibly the first time for that kind of reusing. Anyway they have risen a treat and look nice, I will have to get on with the veg soonish.

Today I discovered that my missing tooth is the one I use to bite bramble thorns out of my fingers, you can guess how I found out. Roll on Thursday.

I haven't much more to say but congratulations Dumpling, that will be handy!

Hope everyone is having a good day, ~taff, I am thinking of you.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good evening chums well we arrived at our holiday house yesterday and its even better than I expected it to be .
    Lovely location in Bembridge and really spotlessly clean and very luxurious. Lots of nice extra touches i.e. a nice bottle of Prosecco in the fridge, and two luxury boxes of biscuits on the side, and a box of chocolates as well, with a welcome card.

The two little dogs loved the garden they can run in, and there is a superb sun room that I am sitting in at the moment. Very comfortable with lots of extras.

I can smell my son-in-laws roast leg of lamb that he is cooking at the moment, and it smells divine , DD is relaxing with her feet up and young DGS Mikey is playing with the two dogs

His brother Jack and his g/f will be down next Friday for a week but DGS Henry has decided he is going to carry on working until mid September to get extra cash towards Uni.
    DGS Ben is in Bratislava with his pals so at the moment the house is reasonably quiet. We had a long walk with the dogs on the beach before lunch and wore them ,and ourselves out so after lunch there was a bit of 'reading the back of my eyelids ) time :) The weather is bright and sunny, if a bit breezy and the rain from early this morning has vanished.

So nice to be actually doing nothing for a change :) DD's ma-in-law and pa-in-law are coming over for the day next Wednesday ,they live in Wincanton and will drive down to the coast and get the ferry over .

Thursday my late husband's cousin Ian and wife who live in Southampton are coming over for the day so we will have two lots of visitors
    All in all a nice relaxing time for us all, nice to see more new faces arriving at the forum,the more the merrier

Right I am off to forage for a coffee, there is even a fancy espresso machine here :)

Have a great week chums

JackieO xx
  • Doing_it_my_way
    Options
    What a lovely warm welcome, thank you very much :)
    Today was a clean day every Sunday as a rule, so finished that by dinnertime. The weather was a bit on and off here today, cold with showers. The horses were out last night but needed their rugs on so today we didn't have any mucking out to do, that was lovely.
    DD's little dog stayed the night with us and was up a lot during the night, he misses them, so as a result we are both very tired today and grumpy.
    I've been dieting as we are away on holiday in 3 weeks time, and the scales went down this morning by 2lb, I weighed and weighed and weighed, I felt like a fraud but it was true, a really nice feeling.
    I managed to dry one load of washing on the line but how it stayed on there, I don't know!
    Horses are coming in tonight as it is giving a lot of rain and wind again.
    Went to visit DD and help her with her garden as she is adopting a little puppy this week and some of the gates needed chicken wire put on them to stop her escaping.
    Oh well I love this time of day, peace and quiet, tea all done, just need to load the dishwasher and make a cuppa and that's it!
    Thank you once again for the welcome :)
    Weight loss 6lb/16lb 10lb to go
    I spend an insane amount of time wondering if I am doing it right, sometimes I remind myself that I am doing my best....and that is enough
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure