Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • marbella
    • By marbella 20th Jun 19, 11:43 AM
    • 815Posts
    • 875Thanks
    marbella
    M&S Sale
    • 20th Jun 19, 11:43 AM
    M&S Sale 20th Jun 19 at 11:43 AM
    Starts Friday 28th June

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 16 Jul:

If you go online to M&S or into a store (find your nearest), you can get up to 70% off in its sale, while stocks last. Delivery's £3.50 or free if you're spending £50 or more. You can also click and collect in store for free.

As it's a sale, stock is likely to be limited, so go quick if there's something you're after. See our Summer Sales round-up for other sales that are on now.

Big thanks to marbella for the spot!
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Hannah; 16-07-2019 at 3:01 PM.
Page 3
    • christineg79
    • By christineg79 26th Jul 19, 5:41 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    christineg79
    It was 90% yellow stickers today in Leeds, owlcoates store. Most stuff had gone by the time I got there after work!
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 26th Jul 19, 6:31 PM
    • 4,452 Posts
    • 10,151 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Yeah, I went at 3pm and practically everything had gone. Assistants said that people had been coming in this morning and literally loading up trolleys and leaving with a receipt as long as their arm!

However, I managed to get half a dozen items for my LO - luckily a few bits were left in his size and most were 89p each, inc shoes. I also got 2 pairs of trousers for me (worth looking around the store and in other departments, because I found a pair of jeans that had been abandoned on a rail in the Men's Dept). Also got a couple of items for my OH. However it was all either tiny or massive sizes left in every department on the whole.

I wish I had gone this morning, but would have needed sharp elbows by the sounds of it! No doubt there won't be a thing left by the end of tomorrow. Got 11 items for £23.99 - not bad!
    Last edited by Wizzbang; 26-07-2019 at 6:31 PM. Reason: Missing bracket
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £35,397.06
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,700.00
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 26th Jul 19, 7:57 PM
    • 3,903 Posts
    • 22,305 Thanks
    mrs lds
    I purchased some cheeky cashmere jumpers reduced to £7 ish which ill save for Christmas. This woman and her family had big trolleys each and had 10 handbags all the same which i thought was greedy.

Big thanks again to smallboi
    • Lily54
    • By Lily54 26th Jul 19, 8:16 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 224 Thanks
    Lily54
    I heard that people were queuing up outside before 8 am.

And, yes, I also heard several women complaining - and, sadly, being quite unpleasant about it.
    Originally posted by luxor4t
    My daughter works in there and there is absolutely nothing they can do when people grab as much as they can carry, take it to another area in the shop, sort through it on the floor and then just leave what they don't want right there. I felt sorry for the staff today. Hope everyone found a bargain at least.
    • Mirů
    • By Mirů 26th Jul 19, 10:37 PM
    • 6,012 Posts
    • 26,210 Thanks
    Mirů
    It was 90% yellow stickers today in Leeds, owlcoates store. Most stuff had gone by the time I got there after work!
    Originally posted by christineg79
    I went to the city centre store mid afternoon today...about 6 rails of clothes left, all teeny tiny or extra, extra large sizes. No shoes left and very little in the underwear section
    Remember how far you have come not how far you have to go
    • luxor4t
    • By luxor4t 27th Jul 19, 6:48 AM
    • 10,505 Posts
    • 38,267 Thanks
    luxor4t
    ......... No shoes left and very little in the underwear section
    Originally posted by Mir!
    I couldn't get drawers, but came away with a pair of shoes I found in the underwear section

My husband (aka the reason why I didn't get into store until 9 am ) sauntered down clutching 4 packs of underpants. He is very p!eased with them, even if they are all a size too big.....
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
    • Lily54
    • By Lily54 27th Jul 19, 7:08 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 224 Thanks
    Lily54
    There was one pair of slippers left, just what I needed, until I got to the till and they were two left feet!
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 27th Jul 19, 7:12 AM
    • 23,162 Posts
    • 62,613 Thanks
    Pollycat
    I purchased some cheeky cashmere jumpers reduced to £7 ish which ill save for Christmas. This woman and her family had big trolleys each and had 10 handbags all the same which i thought was greedy.

Big thanks again to smallboi
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    To sell on eBay.
    • onashoestring
    • By onashoestring 27th Jul 19, 7:39 AM
    • 223 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    onashoestring
    Bikini bottoms but no tops !
    Rails empty by the time I got to my local store, all that was left was lovely bikini bottoms but no tops !
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 27th Jul 19, 7:45 AM
    • 23,162 Posts
    • 62,613 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Rails empty by the time I got to my local store, all that was left was lovely bikini bottoms but no tops !
    Originally posted by onashoestring
    I've occasionally bought patterned bikini bottoms and worn them with a plain top in the colour of the bottoms - and vice versa - if the price is right.

I saw a pair of lovely black bikini bottoms with bird of paradise plants on that would have been great with a plain black bikini top I have but sadly not in my size.
    • NuffinisFree
    • By NuffinisFree 27th Jul 19, 2:05 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 2,004 Thanks
    NuffinisFree
    To sell on eBay.
    Originally posted by Pollycat

Not necessarily, some people buy multiples to give as gifts at special events such as weddings or they might perfer to give the same thing to certain relatives to prevent arguements about who got the better gifts.
    Last edited by NuffinisFree; 27-07-2019 at 3:53 PM.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 28th Jul 19, 5:53 AM
    • 23,162 Posts
    • 62,613 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Not necessarily, some people buy multiples to give as gifts at special events such as weddings or they might perfer to give the same thing to certain relatives to prevent arguements about who got the better gifts.
    Originally posted by NuffinisFree
    My guess is still eBay.

I'm selling a bikini that I've had for several years but never worn and was checking for pricing guidelines.
    Judging by the number of odd bikini tops and bikini bottoms that had all been listed yesterday that I'd definitely seen on the M&S sale rail over the last week or so, lots of people had bought to sell on eBay.

Their money, their choice.
    I was just offering up a suggestion why someone would have 10 handbags all the same.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 30th Jul 19, 8:22 AM
    • 23,162 Posts
    • 62,613 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Do you happen to know when it will start on-line?
    Originally posted by ToryJay

On-line sale has only just ended.
    • catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 30th Jul 19, 5:22 PM
    • 338 Posts
    • 580 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    I couldn't find any sale items in Durham Arnison Centre today. I assumed they must have already sold everything.
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 1st Aug 19, 9:38 PM
    • 4,452 Posts
    • 10,151 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    Might be worth heading to a smaller store. Almost 1 week post 90% sale starting and I was very surprised to spy a rail in a smaller town centre store today. Got 2x 7 packs of Men's socks for £1.99 a pop and a children's Paw Patrol lunch box cool bag for £1.99.

There was lots of Men's underwear, Men's jackets, Men's stormwear trousers £5.99 ea, ladies blouses, bras, children's toys and books, bags and purses, some children's clothing - although a lady got most of that before I got a look in. And more I can't remember!
    Last edited by Wizzbang; 03-08-2019 at 2:51 PM.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £35,397.06
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,700.00
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,250Posts Today

8,327Users online

Martin's Twitter