PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread - 27th November 2017

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have taken the dogs for a long walk, got fed up carrying a very lazy Poppet so have resorted to using OldDogs doggy pushchair. I got DH to get it out of the loft when he was retrieving the Xmas decs yesterday.

I have also changed the bedding, and sorted out most of the kitchen cupboards - there is now room for Xmas food - and switched on the third freezer ready for the same.

Just having a cuppa, then I'm going to hoover/sweep/mop through before tackling the Xmas decs. I figure I won't need to dust much as the decs will cover most surfaces for a few weeks.

Slovenly, moi?
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    I had a day off yesterday, went to a glass workshop with dd2 and had a lovely time together making a Christmas plate after a snack in a lovely little eco cafe at the place that runs the workshops.then in the evening we went to see skinnylister and beans on toast brilliant night and very loud. Today we'll be putting the Christmas deccys up.

Valli thank you so much for the wool, it will be put to very good use.

Hugs and good wishes to all.
    I'll try and catch up later. X
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    All xmas presents now bought - just couple of bits for kids that i am waiting to collect from various stores

Wardrobes now decluttered - £30.15 earnt from Cash for Clothes

Greeting card box sorted - unwanted cards tucked into charity shop
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gilly1964 wrote: »
    LW - re parking if you use disabled in multi story I believe it is free and they can bring you a wheel chair. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for that info Gilly and welcome back, btw. I shall remember for if I need to attend for anything; my own wheelchair does live in the back of the car, so Mr LW would help me. (I can't cope with anyone else pushing me).

Mr LW has been suitably scanned; I managed to drive home and back to the horse-piddle to collect him, though I was shaking like a leaf by the end of it. We have to wait for appointments for another two tests to be done at the horse-piddle; then he'll have to make an appointment at the medical centre (not the horse-piddle) to see the consultant again.

I can't help feeling that if it's anything really bad, he could be dead by the time they actually get around to any treatment. :( It's been well over a year now since he first saw a GP about this.

We should really crack on with writing Yule cards, but my heart simply isn't in it.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies,

Firstly, LW - Well done on driving sweetie, and I am sending all the posi vibes I can your way that Mr LW isn't suffering from anything serious. Have a hug from me - a very gentle one xx

Friday's flying efforts meant yesterday me and the kiddies were able to take an impromptu trip to visit a friend overnight. She has a newborn, and OMG I had forgotten how exhausting being up all night is! None of us got much kip, kiddies slept all the way home and are now on the sofa.

I need to re-make DDs bed and bath them. Woodburner needs a thorough clean but really CBA so will lay and light a fire on top of the ash, naughty ATB. DH home from his weekend away tonight - oh that reminds me I need to make his butties too.

A woman's work is truly never done is it?!
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options

A woman's work is truly never done is it?!

Neither is a mans.. that is why there are so many half finished projects going on!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    Neither is a mans.. that is why there are so many half finished projects going on!

:rotfl::rotfl::T
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello everyone. :j

I've missed a week of flying due to work, study and there only being 24 hours in a day. I've been engaged in battle with my RoD all weekend and I think the tide is turning. Just as well because mum arrives next Saturday. I am truly flabbergasted at just how much crap I have managed to accumulate most of which was a total waste of money. Let this be a lesson to my future self!
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,

I think that I've spent today just moving gibble from one place to another. And writing the mother of all To Do lists! A bag of finds for the charity shop has been filled, and a bag of books for the local school as well. DD has always looked after her books so well that they are happy to take them.

Gammon is cooking in the sc. Various random bags have been liberated from the freezer to be turned into something that might pass for dinner. DH is going through his address book crossing out names of those who are no longer with us..... Is it time for that glass of wine yet??!
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Fayolle wrote: »
    Is it time for that glass of wine yet??!
    We may be cracking open a bottle of Pinot Grigio later,on the basis that it's the Esbat (Full Moon) tonight. I have my white candle ready to light, too - well ok, it's a tealight in deference to Daisy's long, feathery tail. ;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure