Morrison’s Fuel Voucher

Options
Has anyone got any thoughts on whether I’m right or wrong here.
I got a 10p off a litre voucher at Morrison’s. Mrs Crypto and I took our cars to fill up. She filled up her car, moved off the pump and then I went on it and did the same. So both cars on one pump but as two dispensings.
The assistant and the petrol supervisor were quite arsey about it and said that I couldn’t use the voucher as it was two transactions. I pointed out that I was paying for both lots of fuel, they were on one pump, and it was therefore only one transaction. They eventually backed down by the manager said she would “tell head office and ensure it couldn’t be done again.” I didn’t really say anything else.

I’ve done this many times at various Morrions without issue.

Who’s right?

Comments

• Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've done this too without complaint (at Tesco).
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • pramsay13
    pramsay13 Posts: 1,952 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In my opinion you are ripping it a bit there.

If you hang up the pump, it will finish dispensing and they will look for that to be paid.

Just because you happen to use the same pump immediately after does not make it part of the same transaction.
  • MovingForwards
    Options
    As pointed out on your other thread, the T&C's state one vehicle only.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • SillyReally
    Options
    Dr_Crypto wrote: »
    Has anyone got any thoughts on whether I’m right or wrong here.
    I got a 10p off a litre voucher at Morrison’s. Mrs Crypto and I took our cars to fill up. She filled up her car, moved off the pump and then I went on it and did the same. So both cars on one pump but as two dispensings.
    The assistant and the petrol supervisor were quite arsey about it and said that I couldn’t use the voucher as it was two transactions. I pointed out that I was paying for both lots of fuel, they were on one pump, and it was therefore only one transaction. They eventually backed down by the manager said she would “tell head office and ensure it couldn’t be done again.” I didn’t really say anything else.

I’ve done this many times at various Morrions without issue.

Who’s right?

How "arsey", as you put it, that the jumped up cashier tried to enforce the terms and conditions of the offer.

1. Open to UK residents aged 16 or over.
      2. Save 10p per litre of fuel when you spend £60 or more in store in one transaction between Friday 6th December – Sunday 15th December 2019. Excludes transactions Online & Gibraltar.
      3. £60 spend excludes: Fuel, Tobacco, Lottery products, Morrisons Cafe, Gift Vouchers & Cards, Infant/Formula Milk, Cash-back, Dry Cleaning, Fireworks, Online Games & Instant Tickets, Photo Printing, Saver Stamps, Postage Stamps, ‘Top-Up’ Mobile Phone Cards, Delivery Charges/Pass, Garden Centre & Pharmacy (where applicable).
      4. The 10p off per litre of fuel coupon can not be redeemed in Texaco, BP and Esso outlets. For a full list of these outlets, please see the below list*
      5. Only one coupon will be given out per customer per qualifying transaction.
      6. Coupons can be redeemed at all Morrisons Petrol Filling Stations (excluding Gibraltar) between Friday 6th December – Sunday 22nd December 2019.
      7. To claim your fuel discount, present your coupon at the Petrol Filling Station kiosk when paying for fuel.
      8. Copied, damaged and defaced coupons will not be accepted. Coupons cannot be transferred, auctioned, sold or traded & any such coupons
      9. Coupons cannot be exchanged for cash.
      10. Coupons can only be used once and are valid for one vehicle only.
      11. Multiple coupons cannot be used in the same transaction.
      12. Valid against one single transaction to a maximum of 100 litres of fuel. No discount will be given should one single transaction exceed 100 litres of fuel.
      13. Coupons can only be redeemed at the Petrol Filling Station kiosk and not at the Pay at the Pump facility.
      14. Coupons cannot be accepted alongside any other promotions or coupons.
      15. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost or damaged coupons and reserves the right to modify or terminate this promotion if circumstances beyond its control make this necessary.
      16. This coupon is, and shall remain, the property of Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc and is not for resale or publication.
      17. Promoter Wm Morrisons Supermarket PLC, Gain Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD3 7DL. Registered in England No 358949
    (my highlighting in red)

Well done to the store manager that overrode the cashier's attempts, and indeed the supervisors too, totally ignored the terms of the offer and succumbed to your protestations.

Who's right?
    You, of course. The customer is always right! :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family