Royalty Free Music

Options
Our local community centre, is a charity run concern, and various events are organized throughout the year. We have a Facebook page/group, where we advertise what events are on. I want to create a short video, each month, showing what events are on. I need some background music for these videos, that I can post to Facebook, without concern of copyright. Most of the videos will be around 2mins long. I say video, as I want to make them more attention grabbing than just a slideshow. Any advice on where I can download music from would be gratefull.

Comments

• Sharon87
    Sharon87 Posts: 4,011 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can get a free trial of Epidemic Sound. As long as you have a subscription when you post it then it's fine. It's a free 30 day trial.

https://www.epidemicsound.com/
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lots of free sites ( without having to bother with free trials or subscriptions ) - just do a google search for "royalty free music"
  • Sharon87
    Options
    dlusman wrote: »
    Lots of free sites ( without having to bother with free trials or subscriptions ) - just do a google search for "royalty free music"

Yes but a lot of royalty free music isn't actually free. You have to buy them for a small amount. It's really hard to find free music! Lots of google results, royalty free, doesn't mean it's free! It means you pay a one off fee and you can use it for commercial (or personal) purposes, depending on the licence.

I've seen some royalty free music where you pay £50 a track, others a bit less, or you can use a subscription site where you pay a set fee a month and use as many tracks as you want, as long as you have an active subscription at the time of publication.

Please don't give advice on things you don't understand! I do this as part of my job in TV. We use music libraries if we can't use commercial music as they're too expensive. (unless the channel has a commercial music blanket, then we have to clear all tracks with the channel)
  • Robm1955
    Robm1955 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    Yes but a lot of royalty free music isn't actually free. You have to buy them for a small amount. It's really hard to find free music! Lots of google results, royalty free, doesn't mean it's free! It means you pay a one off fee and you can use it for commercial (or personal) purposes, depending on the licence.

I've seen some royalty free music where you pay £50 a track, others a bit less, or you can use a subscription site where you pay a set fee a month and use as many tracks as you want, as long as you have an active subscription at the time of publication.
    Thanks for making this point Sharon87. This is exactly why I asked the question. I searched, but it's a minefield. You are led to sites with music, and when you click on a download, asked to buy. As it happens, after hours of searching, I found a site (https://www.fesliyanstudios.com), but still unsure about the licence, so I actually mailed the guy, explaining my situation, and what the music was for, and got a prompt reply, saying I was ok to use the music freely. I found some I liked, and put it in my video. Still tweaking a few things, but alls good. Thanks guys, for your comments.
  • dlusman
    Options
    Yes but a lot of royalty free music isn't actually free.

Yes but a lot of it is :) - one of the first things on the google search I suggested is

https://www.bensound.com/royalty-free-music

which is totally free ( for non-professional use )
  • Sharon87
    Options
    dlusman said:
    Yes but a lot of royalty free music isn't actually free.

Yes but a lot of it is :) - one of the first things on the google search I suggested is

https://www.bensound.com/royalty-free-music

which is totally free ( for non-professional use )
    'non professional' use is the crux here. If you want to make youtube videos to be monetized (or eventually monetized) then it's not free to licence. Charities sometimes have leeway, but technically it's still professional use, but like the OP did they emailed to ask them if they could use it for charity.
  • dlusman
    edited 9 February 2020 at 1:51PM
    Options
    Sharon87 said:
    . If you want to make youtube videos to be monetized (or eventually monetized) then it's not free to licence.
    Which is  different to want the OP wanted , so dont know why you are bringing it up.
    If the OP had been about monetizing youtube videos my first reply would have been different.
  • tvpben
    Options
    Hey Sharon. I use a site called syncbeatmusic.com for free stuff.. You just need to credit them :)
  • Robm1955
    Robm1955 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Still struggling finding music for my latest project. It's a sort of video/animation, crediting all the people/services, who have help our community during this pandemic. The problem I'm having now, is that, I find a track I like, but it's not long enough. I need something that is longer than 3min 38secs. Anything longer I can fade out. Some tracks, don't even tell you how long they are, on certain sites, just the option to download. The sort of thing I'm looking for, is similar to this track, which sadly, isn't long enough.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q64r8CasKO0
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure