Recent drink driving offences.

Options
Hi Guys
My Ex partner of 30 years has recently been caught for the second time within 10 years and also leaving the scene of an accident, the first offence was around 4 years ago. We still talk now and again however before the news broke rumours had already started circulating so i asked him if it was true but he denied the drink driving and said he had just had a crash, ever since he wont talk to me. It has now been reported online and local papers who have reported he was in court on the 9th dec which was adjourned to 23rd dec was adjourned again until the 13th Jan. He has been charged with drink driving and failing to remain and report an accident. According to the news he has admitted the charges. Apparently he hit a car quite near to where he lives on the 2nd Nov i have no idea if it was parked or if someone was driving it but he left the scene went home and started drinking. I guess the police turned up at his house at some point. We were not together the first time he was caught either so i have no idea what will happen. We still own the property i reside in so are still linked to a certain extent until it sells. I have no idea what happens in courts as i have never set foot in one, i have looked at court listings online for the 13th Jan and noticed beside his name in the column reason for listing it states Attitude, i have no idea what this means regarding court meanings and nobody else i've asked seems to know either, searching online comes up with nothing unless i am not imputing the right key words.

Thank you in advance.
Tilly.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills