Recommendations please for fitness tracker

Options
2»

Comments

• johncas1
    johncas1 Posts: 172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Depends on what you want it to do and how much you want to spend now I have the fitbit surge as it has built in gps to track my walks and a built in heart rate monitor the cheaper fitbits like the charge 2 have heart rate built in but for gps you need your phone is uses the gps from your phone so if you want a watch for tracking walking and running and dont want to bring your phone along go for a tomtom or Garmin or the latest fitbit ionic or anything with built in gps which dose it all or if your just want to track steps calleries and gym workouts then say a fitbit charge 2 or alta HR will do and there a bit cheaper

The lasest firbits have colour screens so are easy to read I find dont go for the apple watch thats a smart watch with fitness tracking built in just go for a fitness tracker
  • jonybrown
    Options
    If you have an iPhone then an Apple watch is better otherwise you can try Fitbit Charge 2
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Why is nobody these days capable of exercising without a "tracker"?

They might be capable.... they might just fancy a watch?

I own a charge HR. I really don't rate it that highly. It's an OK watch and it's nice that it tracks a few things, but I find the pedometer over sensitive. My S7 Edge has a built in pedometer that seems more accurate.
  • mouadeddouch
    Options
    but what do you want exactly, a watch tracker or band tracker?
  • TheMoneySpider
    Options
    Get a Garmin sports watch. It's a little pricey but I think there are a variety of models you can choose from. I have one from last year given by my dh as birthday present.

They aren't cheap but I have a Garmin 35 which is a great entry level watch. It does basically everything you need but isn't fancy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure