MONEY MORAL DILEMMA. Should Artie accept cash from his dodgy cousin Tony?

Options

Comments

• JohnVR
    Options
    It is always easier to make moral judgements but the test of anyone's metal is if they stand by them in times of duress and need. The question is really, 'Does Artie consider his cousin's dealings dodgy or this someone elses judgement?' Just because something is legal does not make it right and vice versa. Just look at our present financial predicament caused by "experts" using legal means!
  • euchrid
    euchrid Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No he shouldn't, unless Tony is able to prove that the £500 has been obtained legally (unlikely I suspect).
  • deefadog
    deefadog Posts: 2,190 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If Tony did come back and asked for favors, then the answer is simple - put a horses head in his bed - He should get the message then! :rotfl:
  • Tetsugaku-San
    Options
    What a stupid question of course you should take the money - there's no such thing as 'dirty money' it's all money, nothing more nothing less, if you need it, take it.
  • ~Jem~
    ~Jem~ Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lol im loving the SOPRANOS theme here!
    And if you were to cut a horses head off and put it in his bed, it would probably be the last thing you ever do, he is the boss after all!

But seriously i agree with the fact that its no different from accepting a gift, its paid for with the same money, so yeah he should accept.
    He's not doing it to trap him, he's doing it because he cares, he is a family man after all!
    Started DMP Oct 2011 - £7082
    Feb 2012 - £6562
    July 2012 - £6112
    Oct 2012 - £5781
  • mobomo
    mobomo Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Of course he should. The Politicians and Bankers have been doing it for years and not just 50 quid.
  • keeleyw24
    keeleyw24 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    I'm thinking that he shouldn't accept this money, do it the honest way! Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy I find :D !!

I'm new on here so hope I've posted this properly... eek! But loving being a new money saver!! ;)

Keeley x
    42'300 in debt Jan 08 :mad:
    26'400 in debt Aug 08 :T Sold the house though :(
    18'500 in debt Nov 09 :pLoving saving and getting our lives back! YAY!

CHRISTMAS SOON WOOP! :xmassign: But been made redundant, grrrrrrrr!:eek:
  • TCO987
    TCO987 Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    he should take the money with both hands ! :D
  • blued
    blued Posts: 698 Forumite
    Options
    I'd take it. Given the fact Tony had his previous restaurant blown up I'd want more than £500 :D
  • EmptySea
    EmptySea Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Cheers Tony! Of course he should take it. His competition down the road would!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure