Advice on where I stand please

Options
Hello
I currently have membership at a small gym with endless pool. The endless pool is why I chose this facility and why I took membership. I use the pool 3 or 4 times a week.

I have heard they are closing the endless pool from next week. I haven’t been notified but can no longer book online.

I have been trying to get hold of the manager to see what’s happening without success

Can anyone help advise What would be my rights if the pool was to close ?

Thank you

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mo2CCs wrote: »
    Hello
    I currently have membership at a small gym with endless pool. The endless pool is why I chose this facility and why I took membership. I use the pool 3 or 4 times a week.

I have heard they are closing the endless pool from next week. I haven’t been notified but can no longer book online.

I have been trying to get hold of the manager to see what’s happening without success

Can anyone help advise What would be my rights if the pool was to close ?

Thank you

Whats in your contract re closure of facilitiss ?

No 1 can help you until you go through it.
  • Mo2CCs
    Mo2CCs Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    That’s interesting thing the terms and conditions on website are worded differently to the emailed contract. I would assume that the emailed contract is the one that would be applicable.

“TERMINATION OF SERVICE, LIMITED RIGHTS TO CANCEL
    -During the Minimum Period you may cancel the contract only:
    1. If we fail to maintain the standard of service you would reasonably expect.
    2. If we alter the operating hours of the services unreasonably resulting in you being subsequently being unable to access the services.
    3. If you develop a medical condition which prevents you from using the services on an ongoing basis. An appropriate medical practitioner must provide written evidence that this is so. *
    4. If you move away from the area by a distance which we consider, at our sole discretion, to be too far to travel to the services for regular use. We shall require evidence that such a move has taken place. *
    5. If you lose your employment and are subsequently unable to keep up your repayments under this contract. You must produce documentary evidence and we may, at our discretion, suspend your payments for two months. We will then review your financial situation with you. *
    6. If you become pregnant. You must produce documentary evidence and we may, at our discretion, suspend payments for three months. We will then review your situation with you. *
    PLEASE NOTE: points 3-6 require documentation, this can only be accepted from the date of receipt.”

So if I understand correctly I could cancel under point 2 ?

Thanks
  • BananaRepublic
    Options
    Surely 1 and 2. If it closes, write a polite cancellation notice explaining your reasons. Can you not speak to staff?
  • Mo2CCs
    Mo2CCs Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks
    I finally managed to speak with someone yesterday and they confirmed the pool closure. They sent to me the cancellation email address and requested I confirm cancellation in writing and they would process the cancellation

Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport