Default after 6 years. Nram

Options
Hi

I want to thank you for the support over the last 6 years + I check this forum 1-2 times a day!

I went bankrupt in Feb 2013 (due to being sued by an ex-employer)
Discharged in 2014
Have had a vanquis, marbles and capital 1 card - all managed well for purposes of credit building.

In march 2019 (6 years have passed) - credit file squeeky clean as per the 4 main credit reference agencies...for what it's worth..if anything 400 ish score up till Feb 2019- now 890 but the main thing - no defaults etc etc.

I pay for the credit reference agency records using a particular webite (updates monthly) but my free noddle account updates weekly.

Here is the issue =
Noddle today = NRAM 'New' default added yesterday..dated yesterday !

Does anybody have contact details for NRAM + a template letter (I only have the last 3-4 digits of the account number as per Noddle)

I did have a mortgage and unescured Northern Rock mortgage over 6 ago - property was reposessed around 6 years ago and sold quickly around that time

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Bridie23
    Options
    Hi Perfectos,

I didn't want to read and run, sorry I have no answers for you. That is so fustrating. I thought once the 6 years were up that was it, how annoying.

My husband and I went BR in Oct 2013, discharged in 2014 - house repossessed and sold quickly - similiar to yourself. We're hoping to able to get a mortgage in November.

I hope it gets sorted for you. Keep us posted. Good Luck.
  • Minkym00
    Minkym00 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Surely this is an error on their part. Defaults are removed after 6 years anyway so you should ask them to remove it in any case.
  • D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A letter of complaint would be in order.

Also, since you went bankrupt around the time of the repo, you need to check if any mortgage shortfall was included in your bankruptcy - contact your bankruptcy practitioner and ask if they still have details and if the debt was included.
  • perfectos1
    Options
    Thanks for coming back to me.

Called NRAM - they said that it could take upto 6 weeks to rectify and that I should write also.
    I explained to them that their systems should have had a bankruptcy flag based on the fact the property was repossessed by them due to the bankruptcy!

This was not a credit clean-up mess-up (I had being doing that throughout the last 2 years and all dates were correct) - this is basically NRAM adding a default after the account was clear !! Highly frustrating

Hopefully will be sorted soon !
  • perfectos1
    Options
    Quick update - credit report was updated so now no default..only took 3ish weeks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure