Poundland Bargain Thread -

Options

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You had a good day, LouLou! There was nothing worth having in my local branches today.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    mac.d wrote: »
    Not lost much? In cash maybe, but what about skin!

Good luck :shocked:
    This_Year wrote: »
    I'm actually quite attached to my skin, so I may give that one a miss. :rotfl:
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry, even if its not just dead skin that goes it will be fully rejuvenated in 28 days :D

I tried it! I must point out I do not have sensitive skin, my skin is like a rhinos, if I did have I would never have purchased it in the first place.

I used just on my nose to clear blackheads. It was difficult to get off, I really had to pull hard. It left my skin a bit red (which is unusual for me, I hate to think what it would have done to sensitive skin). It did work very well, cleared all the blackheads and skin felt soft (maybe it had taken a layer off:rotfl:). Instructions said to steam face before applying I didn't do that and based on my experience without it, I would not recommend it.

I will use again but only on the rare occasion I have a night out, I will use this in the morning to give my skin chance to settle before the evening and can go out with clear/clean pores.
  • This_Year
    This_Year Posts: 1,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I tried it! I must point out I do not have sensitive skin, my skin is like a rhinos, if I did have I would never have purchased it in the first place.

I used just on my nose to clear blackheads. It was difficult to get off, I really had to pull hard. It left my skin a bit red (which is unusual for me, I hate to think what it would have done to sensitive skin). It did work very well, cleared all the blackheads and skin felt soft (maybe it had taken a layer off:rotfl:). Instructions said to steam face before applying I didn't do that and based on my experience without it, I would not recommend it.

I will use again but only on the rare occasion I have a night out, I will use this in the morning to give my skin chance to settle before the evening and can go out with clear/clean pores.

Thank you for coming back and letting us know. :T
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    your welcome

I can't post pictures but also picked up a face mask kit. Contains small bowl, face mask brush, plastic spatula and 3 mini measuring spoons 2.5ml 5ml and 15ml. For the price I was very impressed.

Plus a 12 days countdown to xmas for £2. These were £5 before xmas I bought one then and got another as I think its worth £2, the things in the tubs got binned but I kept the tubs for travel pots, the pumice stone fell apart but everything else I used (3 mini soaps, 2 bath salts and 5 mini bath bomb)
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    No offence, but I'm highly encouraged to try it now :D

My skin seems to have gone crazy today!

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 March 2019 at 3:44PM
    Options
    From Argyle Street, Glasgow:
    Collection #FaceTheDay Palette (Highlighter, Blusher, Bronzer, Eyeshadows), £1
    0HULbKQ.jpg?1
    There were Collection items (eg, saw a Glitter Gel Eyeliner, and these volumax Mascaras) - both in Black, the Light Blue tube is the Waterproof version, £1
    Uikz1Mw.jpg
    Suchard Figaro 153g Chocolates £1 (also in Union Street, Glasgow)
    XRpVRg0.jpg?1
    Also 25p remnants from Valentine's Day (I'm guessing), though there were a lot of people dashing past so it's a bit blurry, oops! Direct zoomable link (though the Inflatable Beer Cushion still scans at £1, the girl said it's definitely 25p and put it through)

PS: Also saw the Beyonce book in Union Street, Glasgow if anyone's looking for it.
  • VfM4meplse
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    Suchard Figaro 153g Chocolates £1 (also in Union Street, Glasgow)
    XRpVRg0.jpg?1
    These look good! :T

Some good finds at my local branch, including a pot of wood varnish (had been looking out for this as I have the decorating bug now!), a variety of rose bushes which I can't wait to plant...and the notorious face mask, which I couldn't resist having seen the warning written on the side of the box that it could remove fine hairs :rotfl:

My skin visibly tightened whilst the mask dried, but I think I applied too thin a layer to pull off so ended up washing it off instead. My skin surprisingly looked much better for it.

• LouLou
    edited 19 March 2019 at 9:38PM
    Options
    Collection makeup items from Trongate, Glasgow store, this afternoon.

Collection eyes uncovered Matt Nude Rose Palette, £1
    (Superdrug's page says, Palette of six highly pigmented eyeshadow shades. Six options available; Nude, Nude Bronze, Nude Grey, Nude Rose, Smokey Grey and Matt Nude Rose.)
    pPshpZh.jpg?1
    Collection Eyebrow Powder "Easy blend powder to fill and enhance your brow shape", £1
    aDgrxEX.jpg?1
    Collection Instant Brow Pomade (this one is in Blonde) "Waterproof & Long-Lasting", £1
    sD4gJLx.jpg
  • LouLou
    Options
    Trongate, Glasgow must have put out more items - these weren't there earlier.

Neutrogena Visibly Clear Clear & Protect Oil Free Moisturiser £1 (for problem skin, with "ClearDefend technology", it has Salicyclic Acid).
    Seems to be the same as the UK's Neutrogena Spot Proofing Moisturiser currently at Superdrug on offer at £3.32.

Also, on the right of the shelf: eos Hand Lotion, 44ml (it's been on here before but haven't seen this Berry Blossom variety) £1
    r8cAQ6I.jpg?1
  • LouLou
    Options
    Here's a random photo, dated 14th March, I forgot about but still in store (Argyle Street, Glasgow). Light Switches for £1, single or duo switches.
    nSse67r.jpg?1
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure