PPI claims by IS

Options
TheGardener
TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 20 February 2019 at 4:35PM in Bankruptcy & living with it
Received a phone call from Lloyds Bank. They say they have received a complaint letter from the IS for PPI for an old pre-BR credit Card.
I am approaching my 6 yr anniversary and of course the clock is ticking for PPI claims in general. So just goes to show - the OR doesn't give up on claiming the PPI for BRs - so had I already made a sneaky claim, the OR would know. Beware ;)
Edit - the CC they called about was from 18 years ago!!!

Comments

• TheGardener
    Options
    ...and to follow up - I received a letter from Lloyds yesterday thanking 'me' for my complaint letter (it was submitted by the OR not me) and giving details of my PPI award of a few thousand. Th letter obviously then goes on as expected to say they'll be sending the award to the OR...

Clearly the OR is still putting PPI claims in on behalf of BR's and succeeding. I suppose the deadline is looming for the OR to claim too.
  • debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That's very interesting!

Thank you.

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,289 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And potentially quite a lot of money which will probably go towards the OR's fees rather than creditors.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    JCS1 wrote: »
    And potentially quite a lot of money which will probably go towards the OR's fees rather than creditors.
    I'm not sure that will be the case, it's my understanding that the former creditors get the lion's share of any PPI redress. Regardless, the right to complain about PPI for Bankrupts remain the sole province of the OR.
  • JCS1
    JCS1 Posts: 5,289 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm not sure that will be the case, it's my understanding that the former creditors get the lion's share of any PPI redress. Regardless, the right to complain about PPI for Bankrupts remain the sole province of the OR.

OR fees get paid first though, or at least they did, it might have changed since my time there.
  • TheGardener
    Options
    Since January 2011, £34.2 billion has been paid out in PPI refunds. That is almost unimaginable amounts of money pumped back into the purses of families across the country.
    The Governments Quantitative Easing in 2016 was around £70bn - PPI must have had a significant impact on the economy, it almost seems like a government backed undercover QE project...;)
  • TheGardener
    Options
    ...and yet another letter today from Lloyds saying they have also awarded a couple of thousand for a mis-selling of insurance on a loan! Again, all sent to the OR.
  • Minkym00
    Minkym00 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The OR’s fees get paid first. Currently they are £7995.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure