Options
    hippy73 wrote: »
    No 25 points for Flash Friday competition today :(

I just got them. Send a message to VR
  • Shogun5
    Shogun5 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    What is a valid train journey? Having read your post recently about having booked a child ticket between Manchester and Stockport for £1.15, I recently booked a similar virgin train journey but when I tried to get verified on the virgin Red app it just says that it does not recognise the email address although I used the same email address to book the train journey as I use for the virgin red app.
  • nvh
    nvh Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Shogun5 wrote: »
    What is a valid train journey? Having read your post recently about having booked a child ticket between Manchester and Stockport for £1.15, I recently booked a similar virgin train journey but when I tried to get verified on the virgin Red app it just says that it does not recognise the email address although I used the same email address to book the train journey as I use for the virgin red app.
    and you booked this train ticket on the Virgin trains website too?
  • Gizasmum
    Gizasmum Posts: 257 Forumite
    edited 21 July 2019 at 11:48AM
    Options

A valid train journey is one where the ticket is for a Virgin West Coast service, as they also sell tickets for journeys operated by other rail companies. It tells you when you look at the online timetable who the service is with. With regards to validating with Virgin Red I'd send them a message to query why your email address isn't recognised. I've read it can take up to a week for verifications to go through.

Update: Just looked at Virgin Trains website and put in Manchester to Stockport journey. Those journeys that are on its service have the Virgin Trains logo next to the price.
  • silverfairy
    silverfairy Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

did you create an actual Virgin Trains account? Trains can be booked as a 'guest' so maybe the email used won't be linked back to Virgin.
  • Gizasmum
    Options
    @silverfairy Good point
  • markinldn
    markinldn Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Quiz 22nd July
    1. Spice Girls
    2. Bastille
    3. Lewis Capaldi
  • Shogun5
    Shogun5 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Yes I had an account with virgin trains, thanks for your comment.
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    1. Eight
    2. 99.5%
    3. Transdermal
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • Gizasmum
    Options
    Yes I had an account with virgin trains, thanks for your comment.

When trying to verify you need to put in the email and password for your Virgin Trains account. You said it was the same ema you used for Virgin Red. Have you perhaps put in your Virgin Red password by mistake? And was your ticket definitely for a Virgin Trains service?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback