probation period and notice period

my employer didnt carry out my probation period meeting at 3 months now been here 6 months and looking to leave - do i still have to carry out a notice period?

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    What does the contract say?
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    krsy wrote: »
    my employer didnt carry out my probation period meeting at 3 months now been here 6 months and looking to leave - do i still have to carry out a notice period?
    Yes, if that's what your contract says
  • Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The normal legal position is that if you have passed the probation end date and no one has said anything then you are deemed to have passed your probation, and your notice period will be whatever it is as if you had passed according to your contract.

If you don't have a written contract, or anything else in writing, then your notice period is 1 week.

Assuming your notice period is longer past probation than when when you are in probation you'd have to argue it out with them if you wanted to give shorter notice. It would be useful to know what the wording around probation and notice in your contract is though.
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • if you are looking to leave just leave, life is too short to be faffing about in jobs you are not happy in
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure