Party bag fillers for adults

Options

Comments

• pennypincher2013
    Options
    That's a great idea for the adults. Shows you are thinking of the as well. If you can afford it, why not :)
    My suggestions are...
    chocolate bar or other sweets
    peanuts
    hot chocolate sachet
    herbal tea bag
    mug
    mini bottle of alcohol
    tealight candle
    mini soap
    handcream
    Lotto scratchcard
    mini bubbles so the adults can blow bubbles for the kids

I'll add to the list if I think of anything else :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 May 2018 at 7:59AM
    Options
    Mojisola wrote: »
    I!!!8217;ve never understood why people do wedding favours.

They just mean lots of clutter at home for the guests or an instant binning of things they don!!!8217;t want. :(

All the weddings I!!!8217;ve been to have had small bags with sugared almonds , no clutter but a challenge for my old teeth .
  • princesskitty29
    princesskitty29 Posts: 1,273 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Thanks for the lovely suggestions, really appreciated! They have definitely given me some great ideas. :)
  • WillowCat
    WillowCat Posts: 974 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I’ve never understood why people do wedding favours.

They just mean lots of clutter at home for the guests or an instant binning of things they don’t want. :(

This is why any gift for someone I don't know very well is either edible or will get used up (soaps etc).
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    What a lovely idea. If it is for family how about a nice handprint art picture from the kids, a lovely recent picture of the children. I know you can buy the empty plastic magnet and keyring cases. If you have a nice picture of the kids you could print off the picture and put them in magnet cases and keyrings. I would love that xx Sounds like it will be a lovely family centred party xx
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    And a slice of cake...don't forget the cake, was always the best part of a party bag, although I'm sure my mum often used to eat mine when I was a kid :rotfl:

Not sure of your bedget but is there any way the actual bag itself could be part of the party bag too? Something that is reusable rather than a disposable plastic bag. Or you could give them in retro paper style bags?

Not sure what the hoo ha has been in here but there was a story a few weeks ago in the news about a child who's friend was told by her mother to return a party bag because she couldn't afford to reciprocate something if similar value. The mother of the child who's party it was had purposfully only invited a couple of children (rather than the entire class as seems to be common) and kept the costs down of the actual party so spent more on the bags, per her total budget, but rather than the mother who returned the bag talking with another adult saying 'this is very generous but I feel it's too much' she just had her daughter give the bag back via the child who's birthday it wa. Perhaps this is in people's minds ATM?
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Threebabes
    Threebabes Posts: 1,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    how about a bath bomb
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »

Not sure of your bedget but is there any way the actual bag itself could be part of the party bag too? Something that is reusable rather than a disposable plastic bag. Or you could give them in retro paper style bags?

Home bargains do packs of 10 of the brown paper bags .
  • Trina90
    Trina90 Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’ve never understood why people do wedding favours.

They just mean lots of clutter at home for the guests or an instant binning of things they don’t want. :(
    We did charity donations on behalf of each guest instead of favours at ours. Cancer research, as my dad was sadly dying of cancer at the time, and RSPCA, since our love of animals is why we met.
    If you don't want the favour and it will cause you clutter, perhaps just leave it on the table :think:
    Mortgage started 2015: £150,000 2016: £130,000 2017: £116,000 2018: £105,000 2019: £88,000 2020: £69,000 2021: £51,195 2023: MORTGAGE FREE!
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I'm curious, did anybody report their PMs? :rotfl:
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport