Xcom: Enemy Unknown for iDevices!

Options
Released today, so no discount. Price £13.99: http://toucharcade.com/2013/06/19/xcom-enemy-unknown-review/
I have no signature.

Comments

• PreludeForTimeFeelers
    Options
    Ouch, pricey.

I'm not sure that the game styles itself correctly for mobile gaming, I know on the 360 at least each mission could take quite a while.
  • preable
    preable Posts: 2,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    i wouldnt buy it because it is a bit pricey
  • Steve-o
    Steve-o Posts: 4,487 Forumite
    Options
    It plays exactly like the Xbox version, with some tweaks to make it work with touch screens (such as tapping the target square, rather than scroll with the controller).

My previous tactic for iOS game spending has always been to wait until an app drops in price, so getting most games for 69p, but some things are worth the money. Xcom is one of them. :D

I bought it for the iPad, but would have waited until the price dropped if I only had a small screen device.
    I have no signature.
  • RobTang
    RobTang Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    Options
    Ouch, pricey.

I'm not sure that the game styles itself correctly for mobile gaming, I know on the 360 at least each mission could take quite a while.

I actually found because its turn based and it resumes really quickly it was easier to drop in and drop out of XCOM then other games.

I could take a few turns, stop immediately if I needed to do something then come back later.

Given that its pretty much the same content as the full version on the consoles and its a good bit cheaper (playstation plus aside) I would recommend it (unless you have it on consoles / pc already)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure