The trials & tribulations of a 1st time landlord & investor

Options

Comments

• TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,552 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They have been married 3 years together 4 far too quickly never lived together before getting married just not right for each other. She's now flirting with another married man who's flipping 71 she's a nightmare! Lots of issues really.

Agree re cheeky them asking to solve their problems and yes there could well be an internal candidate. I've got some ideas but need to formalise it more and read annual report etc.

Still not started lol.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• TallGirl
    Options
    Got some work done not enough on the presentation for interview but loads of reading so back in the swing of things with CAB.

DG came back at 10 from night out I went to bed at 11. Had one beer so feel fine this morning.

Today golf later then got golf tomorrow morning with ladies to get second card in which will be good.

Next week busy for me Monday finish presentation, Tuesday job interview, Wednesday course same n as DG is on, Thursday appointment for insoles, Friday were down South and got dentist and golf booked. Happy busy week may be last one before working.

That's it I think nothing too exciting to report as usual.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• TallGirl
    Options
    Golf Saturday and Sunday played with the ladies and had a good round Wednesday week will be my final card and I'll have an handicap again. DG took the bus to the course and we had lunch then came home she also got to practise. My foot is killing me but got app Thursday so all s good.

Spoke to my sisters earlier about nephew coming over sadly we can't book flights as stupid house mate stil hasn't gone so can't wait to see the back of him. No sign of him moving though which is crap.

Need to get on with presentation tomorrow don't want to have to do some Tuesday morning no good. I'll get it done.

Lots of batch cooking done tonight well loads of boulgur wheat both with and without tomato. Made giant couscous with feta like you can buy in sainsbury that will save £5 on the ready made version. Got mint and parsley plant in cornwall for £2.50 and given a tomato plant today so that helps too. Going to order some chicken breast from musclefood anyone used them? Any good looks cheap £25 for 5kilo. Want to order a big load to make chicken curry, marinated chicken for kebabs and DG also has two every week in her lunchbox.

Think that's enough essay for now.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Not popped by for a while, good luck with the job interview.

If CAB is like anywhere else, it'll be too much micro managing, too much beaurocracy and too much pressure.

Mr Bugs was 23 years older, but even I went :eek: at that age gap!
  • TallGirl
    Options
    bugslet wrote: »
    Not popped by for a while, good luck with the job interview.

If CAB is like anywhere else, it'll be too much micro managing, too much beaurocracy and too much pressure.

Mr Bugs was 23 years older, but even I went :eek: at that age gap!

Thanks Bugslet nice of you to pop in.

I have being micro managed so it's a wait and see on that one would rather be working than sat at home and obviously not much luck in switching to something slightly different right now.

Wow 23 years quite a bit but not as bad as my friend that's the most I've heard of I was 8 years younger than my ex dh and 5 years younger than DG.

Done the presentation and a handout but I think it needs to me more bullet pointed. I'll run through it again and DG will also check it later when she's home.

Starting to get a bit nervous about tomorrow I must say. Not feeling confident feels like I've been away too long but actually it's only two years and prior to that I was in two whole years and before that I've got 16 years in the advice sector working with CABx.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• TallGirl
    Options
    Leaving for interview soon needs loads of extra time not taking any chances not a good look to be late.

Really quite nervous trying to remember what to say and got my presentation ready too obviously.

Wish it was all over but once I'm there it will be fine I usually perform well in those situations

Sad about Manchester horrible but happens more and more.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• TallGirl
    Options
    Back went ok in a tiny room panel of three crammed into a tiny room knees almost touching. Old member of staff works there I had forgotten she brought out a grievance against my team leader not me personally but still weird to see her. She was fine though didn't act anything different just friendly. Couldn't quite connect with CEO he sat next to me and only asked two questions at he end. He seemed reluctant to answer my questions. Not sure I did enough we shall see they will decide today know by end of week. Not devastated if I don't get it but nice atmosphere and so cab it's was untrue.

Going to have nap now then play golf this evening. Hit some balls last night but DG wants to play which is fine.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• Tahlullah
    Tahlullah Posts: 1,086 Forumite
    Options
    Hi TG, found your new thread. Hope you don't mind me following.

I wish you every luck with the job interview today. I sincerely hope you get the outcome you want. The office sounds small and cramped, like so many CAB offices. Familiar territory!

And good luck with the other application.

My new voluntary work is on the Trustee Board of a CAB, so back in the thick of it. Perhaps you can go and be a TB member in a Bux, it will give an alternative perspective to your application forms, something that most other applicants won't have! Give it a thought.

Tx
    Still striving to be mortgage free before I get to a point I can't enjoy it.

Owed at the end of -
    02/19 - £78,400. 04/19 - £85,000. 05/19 - £83,300. 06/19 - £78,900.
    07/19 - £77,500. 08/19 - £76,000.
  • TallGirl
    Options
    Hi Tahlullah thanks for popping in I didn't get it got feedback very constructive there basically was a stronger candidate and I wasn't too good on reaseach and campaign and also what issues people have in the area. To be frank spot on and reason I problably said two years ago I wouldn't go back into cab possible CITA would be ok.

I have however seen a bit of a dream job for me at an organisation I've been flirting with for four years but it's never been the right time. It's via an agency but got my friend who works there to check my cv and covering letter. I haven't got quite the right experience but I have quite a bit of what they are looking for. Would be an amazing opportunity and very well paid but it's a long shot and I know it. My friend has almost identical experience to me and she got in I do also know the senior manager of the department but she's off sick.

Yes I have seriously considered being a trustee I was thinking a small housing association but I don't think they are interested in unemployed people so need to wait with that one. Cab might be a good one too agree good luck with yours Tahlullah.

Off to the dentist now then golf house sitting for friend plus cat lovely to be down in my old area I can see my house out of the window as I type this.

Hope you all have a lovely bank holiday.
    Save £12k in 24 No 50

• bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Well you've got to go for it. Sometimes if your face fits the place and you fulfill a lot of the criteria, companies can overlook the lack of experience.

Give it your best shot!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport