Part time holiday entitlement

Options
I did ask this same question back in January but the situation is changing again!
I work 4 mornings per week Tuesday-Thursday 9-1 and friday 9-12, 15 hrs per week. What is my entitlement? A colleague told me today that holidays are changing as the boss as spoke to her said that from next year her holiday entitlement will be 14 days per year (she works 5 days per week 25 hours) as shes been given too many previously and that he is going to speak to us all about it. I want to be armed with a correct response as currently I get 16 days, so going by what hers is reduced to mine will be about 10 days. The calculator is confusing as I work half days but 4 half days. Was hoping there is an expert around to help

Comments

• gettingtheresometime
    Options
    What is the full time entitlement ?
  • Ozzuk
    Ozzuk Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    what is classed as a 'day' for you? For instance, I was on 37hour week 5 days a week, I had 25 days (exc bank). I now work 4 days a week, 34 hours, so longer days - I now have 20 days off, but they are longer days. So its important to know what a 'day' means for you.
  • mazda6
    mazda6 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    full time is 28 days
  • mazda6
    mazda6 Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Ozzuk wrote: »
    what is classed as a 'day' for you? For instance, I was on 37hour week 5 days a week, I had 25 days (exc bank). I now work 4 days a week, 34 hours, so longer days - I now have 20 days off, but they are longer days. So its important to know what a 'day' means for you.

This is where i'm confused, the office is open 9-5 and i work 9-1 3 days and 9-12 1 day
  • Madbags
    Madbags Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    84 hours per year.

15 x 5.6 = 84 hours.

This includes bank holidays. So if you are normally due to work a bank holiday but the office is closed, you deduct the hours from your entitlement of holiday. If the opposite then you don't.

You wouldn't work out your holidays in days as you don't work the same hours every day of the week. Otherwise you could always book your longer days off and get more holiday than you're actually entitled to.
  • mariefab
    mariefab Posts: 320 Forumite
    Options
    Statutory minimum holiday entitlement 22.4 days for you, 28 days for your colleague.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure