Is this correct for a Per Annum Role?

Options
2»

Comments

• Masomnia
    Masomnia Posts: 19,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As per the pay scales £15404 is the full time equivalent, so it will be that pro-rata. I don't know exactly how they calculate it; you'd have to ask them to give you an exact figure.

Good luck with the new job.
    “I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.” - P.G. Wodehouse
  • UKSBD
    UKSBD Posts: 797 Forumite
    edited 19 June 2018 at 6:58PM
    Options
    Masomnia wrote: »
    As per the pay scales £15404 is the full time equivalent, so it will be that pro-rata. I don't know exactly how they calculate it.

you can see the hourly rate here - https://www.rcn.org.uk/employment-and-pay/nhs-pay-scales-2017-18

edit to add: last years rates
  • UKSBD
    UKSBD Posts: 797 Forumite
    Options
    Rhodog2612 wrote: »
    So I did some more digging, and worked out the annual wage on a per annum basis using the salary calculator. This gave me a monthly wage of £1,154.63 per month.

That's what it would be if you were working full time, yours will be closer to £625 a month

Assuming it is NHS and not just someone else who basis there wages on the old NHS scales you should get an 90p an hour on top though due to the rises in April- Closer to £710 a month

Is it NHS?
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,028 Forumite
    Options
    I think someone's made a right mess of this, but here's my theory ...
    £15,404 Per Annum (Not Pro Rata) for 18.25 Hours a Week in a hospital.
    Someone as confused as you about the difference between per annum and pro rata took the FT (full-time) salary of £15,404 and thought "Ah, but they're only working 18.25 hours so they won't get that amount, but I haven't got time to work out what they WILL get so we'll just say that this is the salary and it's not pro rata."

What we usually do is say what the actual salary would be, and then add "pro rata to FTE of £X". Which means you can work out whether it's in the right ball park for what you think you'd be worth if you worked f/t.
    I've always been confused with Pro Rata and Per Annum, and so during the interview I did ask what Per Annum meant -
    Well, per annum just means per year, but it's not always a meaningful distinction. Pro rata means 'in proportion', ie what your actual annual salary would be.

But you can only work out what your actual annual salary would be if you know what the proportion is between YOUR hours and a f/t person. I work 30 hours pw, and a f/t role where I work is 37.5 hours, so my salary is 4/5ths of the FTE (Full Time Equivalent) salary.

Being as it's the NHS, people have been able to work out what your hourly rate would be, but your annual salary won't be £15,000+ ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Band 1 is very unusual, I thought the unions were trying to scrap band 1? OP what band was the job advertised at and was there anything about the job having an annexe into the next band or an uprise on completion of training? The lowest band in my current and former health board except with some real big exceptions (training placements for severely disabled people who are guaranteed a band 2 role on conpleteion) are band 2 and above now. Even the apprenticeships are higher than band 1.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure