Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 9 July 2018 at 6:30AM
    Options
    Good morning. Happy Monday. It is freezing today. Just been outside and needed my dressing gown on. Sky is dark grey. According to my phone it is 16C, going down to 12C by midnight! According to the news, we are forecast light raid today as well. Back to the norm for the NE coven.
  • elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 9 July 2018 at 6:53AM
    Options
    There are some McDonalds vouchers in todays metro. Unsure if this link will work but it is £1.99 for various burgers and fries on page 17.

http://e-edition.metro.news/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=d9333e50-b372-44c8-98e3-91b0afa8651b

Editied to state only valid until 1st July in online version so already out of date????
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    My phone says 16 degrees going up to 22 degrees but rain at 12.00 til 9pm. Now do I believe app and take my coat , sweatshirt jacket or none to work :think: Bag heavy enough today with all my clean uniform. May take my sweatshirt jacket just in case.

After work Aunty Hilary picking me up at home and I got a list and we going mums flat picking some stuff up to make her room look and feel more homely in the carehome .

I have been good was told not to go mums flat and be carrying stuff back so I haven't one can listen sometimes lol :D
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    lesliejack was yesterday's smartest player! :j:j:j

24 players played

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Monday): Movies 1 : Easier
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    elainemn wrote: »
    Good morning. Happy Monday. It is freezing today. Just been outside and needed my dressing gown on. Sky is dark grey. According to my phone it is 16C, going down to 12C by midnight! According to the news, we are forecast light raid today as well. Back to the norm for the NE coven.

I'd be quite happy with 12 degrees at the mo - my house is like a sweat box despite all the windows, doors and fans being open/on - it was 19 degrees when I left my house this morning to come to work and by the time i got to work it was 24. Nothing in my office has been open since Friday so it was baking in here but I have all the windows open now and there is a lovely breeze coming in from the window behind me :D
    tweets wrote: »
    My phone says 16 degrees going up to 22 degrees but rain at 12.00 til 9pm. Now do I believe app and take my coat , sweatshirt jacket or none to work :think: Bag heavy enough today with all my clean uniform. May take my sweatshirt jacket just in case.

After work Aunty Hilary picking me up at home and I got a list and we going mums flat picking some stuff up to make her room look and feel more homely in the carehome .

I have been good was told not to go mums flat and be carrying stuff back so I haven't one can listen sometimes lol :D

Good girl! We cant have you shifting stuff around in this weather!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Enormo
    Enormo Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    elainemn wrote: »
    There are some McDonalds vouchers in todays metro. Unsure if this link will work but it is £1.99 for various burgers and fries on page 17.

http://e-edition.metro.news/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=d9333e50-b372-44c8-98e3-91b0afa8651b

Editied to state only valid until 1st July in online version so already out of date????

*** The date on the vouchers in the Printed Edition is also 1 July ! ***
  • hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning all :)
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning all

We had rain overnight :T

It was well needed and there is about an inch of water in the bird bath

I am starting to get the stuff ready for holidays and we are talking lots of food for 8 of us so hoping it will make a space in the cupboards

I love all this planning I think I have minor OCD :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Opened the "savings tubs" and had £144 from Easter Kids were in their element roughly counting their allocated particular value of coins

Enjoy your day
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning all, another sunny one. No rain in the forecast here, struggling to get the house down below 28-30C at the moment, even though windows are open all day and French windows are open when the sun has gone round. It is due to be a lot cooler tomorrow and for the next few days though so might actually get a good night's sleep.
    Anon wrote: »
    We have loads of wasps and ants :(.

The ant powder seems to work for a bit.

We may have to take on the wasps nesting in the garden :eek:.

We have left them up to now as they weren't bothering us - but both me and Mrs Anon have been stung this week and Little Anons go out in the garden (when we can get them off computers/iPads).

Anon

Wilko's wasp nest killer does the job nicely :)
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    zippydooda wrote: »
    Just trying to occupy my mind. :)

I'm a great believer in keeping busy...:A

Forgot to mention that I picked up a whoopsied Higgidy Quiche the other day for 90p......the one with the Joules picnic sticker on the front. I put the code through their website and no, I didn't win a picnic set but I did win a voucher. I remembered to claim it on the Mac and not the iPad and I got a £1 voucher off:T:T

Now I need to find another whoopsied one for 90p:D

Higgidy stuff is sooooooooooo expensive:o

But delicious:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income