Universal Job Match - where are all the jobs?

Options

Comments

• K.S.
    K.S. Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    The new site looks like bad news, listing the date/time of logins, searches, and applications, they will track every single minute you are doing your jobsearch.

35 hours in itself is an unreasonable amount to expect, how many people actually manage to hit 5 hours a day every single day? You have to do an awful lot to use up 5 hours, and even then you'll eventually run out of things to apply for.

And what about those of us who are a bit faster than others at using a computer, browsing and typing and such?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The job coach I spoke to said it was aimed at reflecting Indeed. Therefore in the long run it was easier to use...time will tell?

As said it records searches you do, and records applications made on the site, however if it directs you some where else I don!!!8217;t think it leaves a trail to say you applied for the job?

The other bit was because you can!!!8217;t actually record activity yourself from other sites what will happen?

Again the job coach I spoke to said unlike UJM they won!!!8217;t have access to these accounts so people would have to use the books they issue too.

Big confusing at the moment.
  • M_anonymous
    M_anonymous Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To be fair I've never been out of work in my short 10 years of being able to work until now being made redundant and the business stopping trade.

I have paid a lot of National Insurance as have most of us over the years but the job centre located near me and the experience was horrendous. I've worked for an excellent business for 8 years and gone and found myself a career for the last 2 years but the condescending nature of the job centre staff does not help.

Maybe I have just had a bad experience with two staff members in question, maybe its the location, I'm not sure so I decided to stop signing on (only did it once in the end for about £73.89) and just go through friends and contacts to get short term, "easy" work to get money for bills whilst awaiting interview feedback / job offers in the industry I'm in.
  • paulbrighton2018
    Options
    When I first signed up for UJM, was careful to clear the 'accept job recomendations' box, as might get sent totally unsuited vacancies, then get hassle as to why you did'nt apply.

used it to just log what searches / applications i had done, elsewhere.. (even if just do a 'job wanted' style tweet, FB post, etc..)

not sure if rules have changed since 2015 when i got a job, mind!
    formerly known as skintpaul. I sometimes lurk / post local (Brighton) stuff, on the Competitions forum page.
  • sha0907
    sha0907 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    The moment we believe that success is determined by an ingrained level of ability as opposed to resilience and hard work, we will be brittle in the face of adversity.
  • Midnighter
    Midnighter Posts: 18,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 21 May 2018 at 4:45PM
    Options
    MarkN88 wrote: »
    The other bit was because you can't actually record activity yourself from other sites what will happen?
    That's the bit that's annoying me. There isn't enough room in the signing in book to record your job search in the amount of detail that they seem to require. At the moment I'm still recording my job search on UJM, but that's going pretty soon.
    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Midnighter, it!!!8217;s a nightmare like.

Basically saw a coach today some random one as apparently they have several staff on training so I was to see who picked up me in the queue haha.

Told her the frustrations, she!!!8217;s basically said....

1. We can!!!8217;t access Find a Job
    2. UJM will not be accessible from around the middle of June.
    3. Use a notepad to record job activity and write what you can in the booklet.

Hasn!!!8217;t been thought through at all.
  • Midnighter
    Midnighter Posts: 18,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Basically saw a coach today some random one as apparently they have several staff on training so I was to see who picked up me in the queue haha.

Sounds familiar, but that's because my usual coach seems to be off 'sick' most of the time.
    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Was pretty much like a cattle market in there on Monday,

Tonnes of people, not enough staff, everyone was with a !!!8220;coach!!!8221; for approx two minutes.

No questions asked, no support, told they had no time to discuss anything, no checking of job searches, wanted my signature and me out of there fast.
  • jbond
    jbond Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ......no checking of job searches, wanted my signature and me out of there fast.

TBH that's what it WANTS to be like!
    I always hated walking into my local and LOVED walking out of it!
    The LAST place on this earth where I wanted to be!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure