fixed mortgages should banks gain from their sub-prime fiasco

Options

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    Finally.
    'I have instructed the Woolwich B.S to compose a compensatory package for losses arisen.'
    I find that statement rather curious, given that the Woolwich B.S ceased to exist in 2000, and wonder why someone would be attempting to communicate with a non-existent institution.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The OP may have a "Columbus" situation here.

He set out to achieve one thing, but succeeded in achieving something else instead.

A win on a "how/why" is still a win, even if the original issue was the "what."
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • BillJones
    BillJones Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    Options
    antrobus wrote: »
    I find that statement rather curious, given that the Woolwich B.S ceased to exist in 2000, and wonder why someone would be attempting to communicate with a non-existent institution.

I'm now not sure if the OP was a troll from the start, or just invented this "victory" after looking too foolish for them to bear.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    BillJones wrote: »
    I'm now not sure if the OP was a troll from the start, or just invented this "victory" after looking too foolish for them to bear.

You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment.
  • jonesoswestry
    Options
    BillJones wrote: »

Hi dad
    I'm on holiday for a week when I get back I will put the full letter on here.
  • Mortgage_Mark_2
    Options
    *Quickly brushes up on photoshop skills*
    I am a mortgage adviser.
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • inkiboo
    inkiboo Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi dad
    I'm on holiday for a week when I get back I will put the full letter on here.

Hi. How was the holiday?
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • Mortgage_Mark_2
    Options
    Is he back yet?
    I am a mortgage adviser.
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • inkiboo
    inkiboo Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't think we'll be seeing this fantasist again.
    Smile and be happy, things can usually get worse!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've checked the FOS decisions and nothing published that matches this.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure