Currys Credit Agreement issue

Options
lucilles1
lucilles1 Posts: 3 Newbie
edited 20 November 2018 at 9:43AM in Loans
Hi,

I recently took out a credit agreement with Curry's as they were offering 18months interest free. When processing the application the adviser completed the application through to the point of getting a decision however, their system then failed to allow her to complete the paperwork online. Instead she printed several copies and asked me to sign them all.

Curry's then contacted me to advise there is a problem and that I need to go back into store.

I went back into store and was told that they needed to reprocess the credit which I refused as this would mean a second footprint on my credit score and they had already completed this.

They took a copy of my credit agreement and said they would speak to HO and come back to me.

Last night I had a call advising they have are unable to read the credit agreement as the printing wasn't very good so therefore they may need to 'reprocess'.

I do not want to have two credit searches on my credit score for one application as I work very hard to ensure I have a good credit score and this will have an adverse effect.

Please can someone confirm what my rights here are?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You couldd pay by cash, if you don't want a further search.

Don't worry in the slightest about your credit score. It's not a factor in lending, and two searches isn't a big deal.

If it still bothers you, ask if they canremove the first search.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    lucilles1 wrote: »
    Please can someone confirm what my rights here are?

You have the right to pay cash or use their interest free facility, if that means a second search because they messed up the first one then you have the right to refuse and use your own money.

You dont have a credit score that any lender can see so it really doesnt matter....also 2 searches on your credit history from the same lender wont effect your life, unless you have other recent searches and looking for a mortgage - if you are though you shouldnt be taking out any more credit.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options
    ........or use a promotional period credit card.
  • sheepy21
    Options
    I don’t know why you’re getting in a tizz over having another search, in the last few months I’ve had loads of various credit searches for things and got all of it no problem. Really don’t think an extra search will make that much difference ��
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    lucilles1 wrote: »
    I do not want to have two credit searches on my credit score for one application as I work very hard to ensure I have a good credit score and this will have an adverse effect.

Why? Perhaps better to work harder on getting to a position whereby you would be indifferent as to your credit score ? What difference does it make to you?
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The OP never comes back to answer their posts. Another mystery.
  • tetley
    tetley Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    If the OP doesnt want searches, then god help them when it comes to House and car insurance renewal time.
  • boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tetley wrote: »
    If the OP doesnt want searches, then god help them when it comes to House and car insurance renewal time.

Recent searches that aren't completed are generally viewed as a negative by lenders.

I'm not sure why people are so openly hostile at times. Curry's appear to have made a mistake here and they can easily rectify it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure