PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 16 September 2017

Options

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Glad to read that your Mum is home Gers she will enjoy all that TLC and being in her own home.
    Like you I can't stand a cold bathroom Holly so our heating is on for hour in morning just to take edge off.
    Oh Hester your poor friend :(

I have just finished my boiled egg with marmite soldiers and will be heading to the yard soon to sort Lulu out before more rain comes over, one thing about being in the fens at least you can see it coming!
    Apart from that am all up to date with chores etc so will have some r&r on the sofa with my latest book, I made a Bara Birth yesterday so might have to have a slice of that too :)
    Supper is goats cheese and pesto tart so nice and easy.

Have a good day folks x
  • Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Gers.....pleased your Mum is home at last.

We slept in separate beds last night, I slept not too bad, but I was exhausted. OH said he slept ok too, will continue for 2 or 3 nights and then try going back.

Someone is supposed to be collecting the dryer today, do not have much faith, she is supposed to contact me this morning to say what time she is coming.

I need to do the Friday clean, did not do it properly last week, OH is laid in his relaxer chair, the headache has peaked, which it does from time to time. might get the dusting done whilst he is lying down, will have to wait to put the dyson on, also need to wash the kitchen floor.

Chicken something for supper tonight.
  • Gintotmelinda
    Options
    Morning all
    Tired today after a busy week. Not much going on here at the moment thank goodness. I will have a shower in a minute now the house has warmed up and I have had my first bowl of porridge of the Autumn.

OH and I need to go food shopping in a bit. the fridge is a bit bare. haven't got a meal plan yet.

Silver oldie if your new phone is from Virgin you should be able to get help at Carphone Warehouse. my friend did recently.

Jackie O sorry I did have a little chuckle..........

Gers glad mum is back home.

Mmm looked at my Autumn clothes and I don't have a lot to wear. I think I must have got rid of some old faithfuls in the Spring and thenforgot. I will have to hit Bon Marche as I used to get quite a lot of clothes in BHS.

Well have a nice day all and keep warm.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    edited 16 September 2017 at 10:18AM
    Options
    Morning all

Nice bright and breezy day here atm, I have a load in the wm of work stuff which I will hang out today, will also do a towel load after that.

OH is going to mow the lawn and get the log stacked into the shed they have dried out well and burn very well, We should have enough to get us through the winter.

I need to nip to the shop for a few bits and I must get some biscuits for the window men who are coming later in the week.

Did not get to meet dd's young man last night as something went wrong at his work so doing that tonight instead.

Im going to persuade OH that he needs to cook me a nice breakfast of bacon avocado and poached egg :D

Gers so glad mum is home xx

Have good days all xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had a message from a friend who had her 20 week scan, the baby has Edwards Syndrome, it's unsurvivable, so sad, she had a miscarriage last year.
    Thats so sad. :(
    Judi have you looked at Western Union for your money transfer?
    No maybe i should. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Dumpling one of our neighbours plays bass in an AC/DC tribute band
    I just love Ac/Dc. Ive got a soft spot for Brian Johnson. I think its his flat cap and jeans.:cool:
  • dp1
    dp1 Posts: 1,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone
    Just having a cuppa whilst waiting for Tesco delivery to come. Stripped my bed so bedding is on the line, cleaned bathrooms and towels are in the washing machine. Want to get everything dry as its forecast rain later. Oh and Ive done a pile of ironing too.
    Eldest Dd texted to say tickets for the Harry Potter play are released this morning, so shes going to try to get some. We would both love to see it. Shes tried before but not managed to get any.

Jackie O .... hamster story amused me too.

Hope everyone has a good day
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Floss I have 24 working days!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Floss I have 24 working days!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yay!!! :j:j:j
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 September 2017 at 12:34PM
    Options
    Gers good thet your Mum is home; I bet she's far more comfortable in her own familiar surroundings.

Hester so sorry to hear the news about your friend.
    My mobile phone is very old and the battery didn't hold its charge, so I bought a new one online, silly mistake.
    I spent most of the afternoon trying to take the back off to put the sim and battery in. Then it was ring this number, put in 19 digit code (which I could hardly see as the print was so small) then PIN number, Oh dear, I'm too old for this. Only want a phone in case of emergency. A couple of times I was tempted to put it in the bin. Should have bought it in store and had help, my own fault.
    My phone is nine years old, and held together with a laccy band, otherwise the back falls off and the battery falls out. :rotfl: I have two more old phones in a box, for [STRIKE]in case[/STRIKE] when it finally turns up it's toes, but I shall take this as a Cautionary Tale in case I ever end up having to actually buy a new phone. ;)

Bluebell had a good night; she slept right through. She sleeps on her owner's bed at home, so we let her sleep up with us.;) She was as good as gold, got up on the bed, made herself comfortable leaning up against me with her whole length :heartpuls and went straight to sleep. :A
    Mr LW wasn't so peaceful; at one point he somehow had one leg dangling out of bed, and was kicking the side of the bed with his heel; very uncomfortable for me, as it reverberated through to my side. Also he was making some right weird noises in his sleep, too. :( I know it's not deliberate, but if he's going to do that on a regular basis, I may just have to sleep on the sofa. :(
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • silver-oldie
    Options
    Floss wrote: »

He was a little, but sad to say she hasn't always been the kindest.

Silver oldie if your new phone is from Virgin you should be able to get help at Carphone Warehouse. my friend did recently.
    The phone is Alcatel with O2 PAYG sim bought from Telefonica.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure