13»

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A_T wrote: »
    Cavendish doesn't seem to.

Fidelity offer it on their platform. So, this is not a platform issue but an intermediary issue. (Cavendish being an intermediary white labelling the Fidelity platform to make it appear like its their own).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Audaxer
    Audaxer Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It seems strange to me that any platform where you can invest in a SIPP, is not able to allow clients to withdraw their money when necessary. I'm also surprised that anyone knowing this would invest in a SIPP with such a platform.
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Audaxer wrote: »
    It seems strange to me that any platform where you can invest in a SIPP, is not able to allow clients to withdraw their money when necessary. I'm also surprised that anyone knowing this would invest in a SIPP with such a platform.
    Lots of people have pensions which don't allow drawdown or the new freedoms, my works pension is one - it's not an issue till you reach the age at which you take money out, ie 55 currently. Then you can just transfer to a platform which does allow you to do what you want.
  • A_T
    A_T Posts: 959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Audaxer wrote: »

It's also hard to find out what fees might apply if you transfer your SIPP out of Cavendish. So hard in fact I couldn't find any information about it on their website.
  • DesG
    DesG Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    A_T wrote: »
    It's also hard to find out what fees might apply if you transfer your SIPP out of Cavendish. So hard in fact I couldn't find any information about it on their website.

No fee for transfer.
  • A_T
    A_T Posts: 959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DesG wrote: »
    No fee for transfer.

Where does it state this?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories