What small DFW things will you do w/c 5th November?

Options

Comments

• carrielovesfanta
    Options
    allydowd wrote: »
    I'm inclined to agree. There's no toxins in grass...but, as you say, the silica would grind down the teeth. More than that though, we've only the one stomach. ;)

Well indeed. Nothing like a nutritious meal of indigestible cellulose
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    Speaking as someone who will be having major surgery on my bladder and bowel in the future, eating delicious meals of grass is a sure fire way of making my bowel blow up and needing the major surgery alot sooner than planned!!!!!!
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,688 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm vegan and try to avoid all arguments all the time :) I don't eat grass as I really enjoy the taste of my food. I do get sent lots of meat pictures on social media - bacon and steak usually. As I'm not a fighter I tend to ignore them and block these days. Maybe this particular vegan is just hangry
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 5 November 2018 at 3:42PM
    Options
    natlie wrote: »
    I'm vegan and try to avoid all arguments all the time :) I don't eat grass as I really enjoy the taste of my food. I do get sent lots of meat pictures on social media - bacon and steak usually. As I'm not a fighter I tend to ignore them and block these days. Maybe this particular vegan is just hangry

Pretty harsh people sending you pics of meat :(

I do eat meat, but I'm not really fond of it. I'd probably give it up if I lived alone. I really don't like steak!
  • natlie
    Options
    Pretty harsh people sending you pics of meat :(

I do eat meat, but I'm not really fond of it. I'd probably give it up if I lived alone. I really don't like steak!

I've never eaten steak, I was veggie for 25 years and I've been vegan for a year and a half - my mum was a freezer cook so we only ate fish fingers, burgers and sausages - my gran used to cook chicken on a Sunday - I'm 40 now I don't know why writing that made me feel really old :rotfl: someone just sent me a pic of a steak on Twitter not 15 minutes ago
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    natlie wrote: »
    I've never eaten steak, I was veggie for 25 years and I've been vegan for a year and a half - my mum was a freezer cook so we only ate fish fingers, burgers and sausages - my gran used to cook chicken on a Sunday - I'm 40 now I don't know why writing that made me feel really old :rotfl: someone just sent me a pic of a steak on Twitter not 15 minutes ago

Are they trying to freak you out or tempt you? It's very rude of them. I'm getting all angry on your behalf now!!
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Continue trial of WGAC toilet roll

For anyone wondering. (Link)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 5 November 2018 at 6:09PM
    Options
    Hi November Networkers,

Afternoon!:coffee: Day off. :) A slightly spendy one for DW.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Looked in lots of shops and buy nothing when in town running a few messages. Done.

* Homemade butternut squash soup for lunch. Done.

* Get some exercise.

* Bake banana bread, coffee and walnut cake and pizza dough. Done.

* DW to buy a metal stick blender. Done. Was advertised at £20. When we got to the shop there was an identical one boxed differently for £15. Bought the cheaper.

Things don't have to be perfect to be wonderful.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • browneyed_girl
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

Feeling pretty rubbish today :(. Visited family yesterday who dropped into conversation that they had all made alternative plans for Xmas, despite accepting an invitation from us back in May! Feeling quite hurt tbh as this would have been the first Xmas that DH and I hosted for my family (we’ve been together 12 years), as well as DS’s first Xmas. I’ve spent the whole year putting aside additional savings to make it a lovely Xmas and traded all my survey points for supermarket vouchers/gift cards to pay for all the food. Don’t think they realise how upset they’ve made me, but cried about it to DH once we got home last night :(

So...trying not to be too disheartened, and I guess I can now use the vouchers for everyday shopping and make some savings that way.

Plans for today:

1. Meals from stores. Had planned to go grocery shopping today but found an extra day’s worth of meals so will be shopping tomorrow instead.

2. Check survey sites x4. Cashed out £14 on Prolific.

3. Stewed apples out of freezer for making crumble tomorrow.

4. Found change in the car which I’ve added to sealed pot.

5. General housework, tidying etc.

6. Go through DD3’s clothes as brought down DD2’s old clothes from loft that would fit her now but need to make room for them in her wardrobe. Will divide DD3’s clothes into those to keep and those to be added to cs bag.

7. Heating off and light fire instead with free wood.

That’s all I can think of for now. Hoping to feel a bit cheerier tomorrow! :o
    Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship.
    Debt at highest = £62,842.59 (Dec 2018) - now £44,611.39 (Oct 2021)
    Emergency fund £268.63 / £1000
    NSD October Challenge 8/12
    NSD target Sept-Dec 2021 17/50
  • natlie
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Brown Eyed Girl, sounds pants, but as you say good that you can put all that additional saving to good use!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport