Options

Comments

• reality_check
    reality_check Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 October 2016 at 2:49PM
    Options
    Thanks Monz! :)

Yesterday was a ZERO spend day! It was only me home for dinner and I finally ate that chickpea curry I made about 4 months ago. I really need to get this freezer empty, but with no money until pay day this is the perfect opportunity.

I have £2.03 in my purse and 14p in the bank with 9 days until pay day.
    I am working 6 days this week to cover someone's Saturday but she doesn't work Friday's so I have a 4 day at the end of the month when she works this time back for me. I don't have plans this weekend apart from meeting my friend for a walk on Sunday and probably go to the gym...free activities needed and my liver needs a rest.

I love it now the dark nights are here, heating on, candles on and nice cosy throws and blankets wrapped around you watching tv. Making shepphards pie tonight, going to try half with butternut squash mash since I have one to use up and will do the other half normal mash for DS who will turn his nose up at the butternut squash I'm sure. xx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • reality_check
    edited 7 October 2016 at 10:25AM
    Options
    Managed another no spend day yesterday :T I also counted some loose change in my car and I have added £2.85 into my pay day survival fund.

Last night I switched my mum and dad from BT to Virgin and saved them over £50. Didn't realise how much they were paying for such little service. They have been with BT for years and always just stay with them, but loyalty doesn't pay these days. At the end of the call it just came in my head to ask if I would get anything for recommending them, and we both got £50 credited to our accounts :money: Another bonus with the switch over was that Virgin contact BT and cancel so you're not left with the annoying retention staff trying to keep you.

I forgot all about a charity night tonight I said I'd go to about 2 months ago, but hadn't heard anything about it until my friend txted me last night. It is her husbands brother holding it so I don't feel too bad not going now...I can't afford it, and really can't be bothered especially as working tomorrow.

I don't have the Friday feeling knowing I am back in work tomorrow!! My daughters bf has downloaded the new Bridget Jone's film onto the firestick. so that's my Friday night sorted. I have heard great reviews and I am not the biggest cinema fan, prefer being at home in my pyjamas, which isn't a bad thing as the cinema is an absolute fortune!

I have typed this message up 3 times and keeps disappearing!!!
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your mum's relapse RC but hope she's well on the way to recovery. Great news that you've saved mum and dad some money as well.:T

I'm a White Company fan too. Got home today and found they had sent me one of their VIP vouchers for 15% off. But I'm not succumbing!! :rotfl: Mind you I love their nightwear so a request will be going on my list to Santa this year!

You sound like you had a wonderful time in Scotland. Lovely memories to cherish.

....and no I don't think I would have gone back to TKMAXX either!:D
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I wouldn't have told the shop either. I know this doesn't help the situation but you sound like you have great taste! Hope your mum feels better. Its so hard when they are poorly. xx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • reality_check
    Options
    Those vouchers always get me, we just need to stay strong!!

PSL - I just read ideal home magazine and look at made up looks on The White Company or Laura Ashley and buy complete rooms, so my good taste is really down to all those interior designers, but I do of course pass it off as my own...

Being in work on a Saturday is awful! Normally I would have treated myself to a bacon roll and coffee since it’s Saturday but my budget does not allow for that £3 luxury. Everyone who works on a Saturday normally order lunch in from the local pub or go out and get something but I am here with my homemade rice. Made a big batch the other day of rice, mixed veg that has been in my freezer since forever! With some garlic, ginger, chilli and soy sauce added – it’s really nice. Which is a good thing as I have another 3 portions for the freezer for lunches next week.

I fell asleep last night at 8.30!! So no Bridget Jones, but I was wide awake from 5.15 this morning so got up and done all my housework, 2 washings done and changed my bedding. I normally do a big deep clean on a Saturday morning so glad I got this out the way and won’t need to spend my one day off cleaning.

Tonight I am having fish fingers, homemade chips, peas and bread and butter. I don’t have this often but love it when I do, and it is part of my get the freezer emptied and not buying any more food plan. Only thing is I have ran out of ketchup. So I have resorted to taking some free sachets from the canteen in work…what has my life become!!! Saving my last few pounds for fresh fruit and veg from Lidl tomorrow. I have about £4 so that will stretch to some apples, bananas, carrots and lettuce. Determined not to use my overdraft or dip into the money I have aside to pay my Dad back, really can’t keep doing this like I have past few months, will never get rid of debt this way!!

Hope you all have lovely weekends xx
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You're doing really, really well - and I think your homemade rice dish sounds rather yummy!:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • reality_check
    edited 9 October 2016 at 4:17PM
    Options
    How annoying when you type something on this site and it vanishes!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I still never got round to watching Bridget Jone's was asleep just after 9, don't know what's wrong with me, I am normally more of a night owl. I considered going to bed about 7 but had to force myself to stay up as I would have been up wide awake about 4am.

I decided to give Lidl a miss and still have that massive amount of £4.05 untouched!! Looked at what I have and still have carrots, potatoes, onions, 2 peppers, corn on the cob, mini corn, sugar snap peas, cabbage, lettuce and tomatoes in the fridge and frozen leeks, broccoli, peas and sweetcorn!! And have apples, oranges plus a pineapple that is rock solid so still not ready to eat. We always have a roast on a Sunday and Lidl do a small chicken for £2.35 which I bought last week and was surprised at how I didn't notice the difference from the large one at £5 I normally buy. Anyway, that would have involved spending...so I made a poor mans roast. We had everything a normal roast would have, mash, roast pots, roasted carrots, peas and cabbage with yorkshire pudding and gravy, but we had it with sausages. I used to make this often years ago and everyone enjoyed it and they still did today.

Since I haven't been shopping last week or planning to this week we have no treats/snacks in the house. It would just be a moan waiting to happen, even thought they are big enough and ugly enough to buy their own! But I made flapjacks, cupcakes and brownies all with stuff I had it so that will keep them quiet and have some rubbish to eat when they want it. I also made a pot of soup for everyone to take as lunches this week, told DS he will need to buy bread as I am not going to the shops and there is plenty tuna or cheese that he can use to make sandwiches for work if he wants them. Dinner is even made for tomorrow - shepherds pie so I am feeling like a Domestic Goddess.

Went a big walk with my friend this morning, 5 miles there and 5 back so that is my exercise covered. My dog can't move, he is so tired! He was off the lead so if we walked 10 miles he def done double if not more as was running about all over the place. It was such a nice crisp morning today. I am still surprised at how mild it is! I have had my heating on recently in the evening but I still had a washing hanging out today.

I took a dress back to one of the collect plus points today so that is £30 in the bank when that clears. It arrived too late for going away, plus looks horrific on me. I need to remember I am not 5'11, early 20's or a size 0 like that Zara model...I am more mid 30's, 5'3 and size 10. At least it is money back so I should be happy I don't love it :o

I am popping round to my friends later for a cup of tea and cake - she bakes non stop and always has the nicest cakes whenever you visit, perhaps this is why I am not a size 0... Better go sort out a washing and need to steam all my floors - a womans work is never done lol

Monday tomorrow :mad::mad::mad: xxx
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Oh I see. I think I will check this magazine out in the new year. I have no eye for design, my bedroom and living room need a whole load of work.
    I love that feeling after cooking, it always makes you want to cook more. I love having all the meals planned and sorted, makes everything easier. Big well done. xx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • reality_check
    Options
    On track for another no spend day, brought everything I need with me to work so won’t be buying anything here and don’t need to buy anything from shops. Couldn’t force myself to get up this morning so gave the gym a miss, might go tonight if I can be bothered…we’ll see.

Found 15p in my bag so my total is now up to £4.20!! Pay day is on Saturday – can’t wait!! Hopefully pay slips will be on in the next few days to see how much I'm getting paid.

Last night I went to my friends, came home, opened the front door and my house was smelling amazing. I knew the smell right away… Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir. I went charging up the stairs my DS was running himself a bath and had tipped about a quarter, if not more, of the bottle in!!! :eek: When I use the oil I am so tight and add 1 or 2 capfuls since that’s all that’s needed plus costs over £50 a bottle. He couldn’t believe I was shouting over some bubble bath…I was probably a bit over the top, but still!! Told me he would buy me some more, until he found out the price!! Offered me his bath but I told him to enjoy his £20 bath!! I am over it now….just! But just thought I would let out some steam on here!! :rotfl:

Happy Monday everyone!!
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I can not describe the feeling i felt reading your post. I don't think I would be so restrained if I was you. I actually have tingles in my body as soon as I read jo malone I think I knew what was coming. The horror.

But yes you cant blame him, to us its jo malone enough said. To him its a radox!

2018 plans - reduce debt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills