SPAM ! Mods please help.

Options
13»

Comments

• IanManc
    IanManc Posts: 2,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    At the moment reporting spam is like whack-a-mole at the school fair when I was a kid. I've never seen so much spam on here before.:(
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,163 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Between the spam and the imposed new layout, the site is pretty much a bust.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I occasionally find I have no spam and report buttons. No idea what makes them dissapear.

The idea to increase the "spam points" of proven good spam reporters is a nice one.
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    prowla wrote: »
    Between the spam and the imposed new layout, the site is pretty much a bust.
    I'm still on the old green format. ;)
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AnotherJoe wrote: »
    I occasionally find I have no spam and report buttons. No idea what makes them dissapear.
    The Spam button doesn't appear on certain forums, such as DFW and MFW. There may be other forums where this is imposed too. I've never seen the Report button disappear however.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Although I do chuckle at the time someone has clearly spend spamming a forum with USA phone numbers, not realising that it is a UK forum!

Spammers don't care where this forum is located, just that it ranks reasonably high on google and other search engines - that way numbers posted here get indexed by those search engines and are shown fairly high in the results.

Linking-up the spammers profile or even one post in the daily spam threads in Board Feedback is IME the fastest way to get the mods attention, esp on weekends.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure