Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    more reductions from M&S mens summer collection. Linen shorts £2.49 C&C
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/more-reductions-from-m-s-mens-summer-collection-linen-shorts-2-49-c-c-2526803
    See a 38 wait in stone is instock
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 October 2016 at 6:10PM
    Options
    Mums isa is dropping to 0.05%......absolutely shocking, she has asked me to help source an alternative!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Options
    Been to work meeting close to a large T so nipped in for Hipp.
    No overage sadly as it turned out - but I'd wanted to get all age 4 mths for DD's childminder, so that was the main factor. (Confession - I got one 6mth one for me to try.)

Went back in again afterwards and got another lot, home now so just put it through the BG to see what's what.

1x HIPP ORG APPLE, STRAWBERRY & BANANA 100G
    £1.00 £0.99 £1.00 n/a
    1x HIPP ORGANIC APL PEAR & BANANA 4 MTH+ 100G
    £1.00 £0.99 n/a n/a 1x
    HIPP ORG PEACH, APPLE, BLUEBERRY RASPBERRY 100G
    £1.00 £0.99 n/a n/a 1x
    HIPP ORGANIC COTTAGE PIE 100G
    £1.00 n/a n/a n/a
    1x
    HIPP ORGANIC P/NIP SWT SQUASH & CKN DINNER100G
    £1.00 n/a £1.00 n/a

1x HIPP ORGANIC P/NIP SWT P/TOE & BROCCOLI 100G
    £1.00 £0.99 £1.00 n/a
    1x HIPP ORG APL, BANA & R/BERRY B/FAST 6M+ 100G
    £1.00 £0.99 n/a n/a 2x

Tesco comparable total £5.00 Competitor shop total £4.95 (A)

Cash spent: £2.44 on one shop, £3.80 on the other - was allowing for overage just in case! Got Optiwell, so 80p on BG for that, also Activia so £2 on BG for that.

So 6.24 to add to FO total - milk, ginger preserve, gravy granules, yoghurt and other sundries.

I have been looking ginger preserve I add it to whipped cream and sandwich it though a Jamaican ginger cake Looks good and really quick to prepare
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    Just saw this fro the others for W corona

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/waitrose.co.uk

Hope link comes out ok..now dashing to pick my new glasses up x

This should have way more thanks Hillbern. :beer:

Was going to take my frock off but according to CS some man got there before me and had bought the lot. :eek:

But I phoned DD and she kindly went to her waities and got her dad £10 worth. :D 24 bottles for £10 makes them about 42p bottle. :T
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    more reductions from M&S mens summer collection. Linen shorts £2.49 C&C
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/more-reductions-from-m-s-mens-summer-collection-linen-shorts-2-49-c-c-2526803
    See a 38 wait in stone is instock

There were loads of sizes of different men's shorts, I did mention there were some good bargains this morning. I thought the menswear reductions were particularly good this time round. :money:
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ----> News right, oh no, W now require a purchase before free coffee in some stores :(. Wonders out loud if the free newspaper, free mag (after MyW kicks in) counts - you sometimes have to add something anyway depending on the newspaper to get the price down :D.

Anon
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Mums isa is dropping to 0.05%......absolutely shocking, she has asked me to help source an alternative!

Is this with Santander by any chance? We have two ending 1st December and they are offering 0.5%
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    I have been looking ginger preserve I add it to whipped cream and sandwich it though a Jamaican ginger cake Looks good and really quick to prepare

Oooh, sounds nice, I don't have cake very often though.

75p for T own brand.

I got Duerr's ginger jam last time - was on offer somewhere - it was nowhere near as nice and very runny and thin.

Ginger preserve is an excellent alternative to marmalade on a cold winter morning. :D
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    This should have way more thanks Hillbern. :beer:

Was going to take my frock off but according to CS some man got there before me and had bought the lot. :eek:

But I phoned DD and she kindly went to her waities and got her dad £10 worth. :D 24 bottles for £10 makes them about 42p bottle. :T
    bcw123 wrote: »
    Hi corona beer glitch ( Waitrose ) still working 5pm 4 bottles £4.50 12 bottles £5
    Thanks for this Hillbern, don't have time to go to W as we off to see DS tomorrow. However, just done a test shop in A x

Awaits A results in anticipation ... :D.

£4.50 for 12 bottles is good value - not as good as free C4rling or free other alcohol on the apps, but a great price for a decent lager :beer:. Can I bring myself to buy more lager though when I have quite a stash of drinks in the garage? Brings back fond memories of snakes :cool:.

Anon
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    on the plus side though we are making huge progress with the house decluttering and downsizing

Last week i rearranged the study which had always had 2 desks in it but now its just my domain the 2nd desk was surplus to requirements. I offered the desk and a set of bedroom drawers on Streetlife and Freecycle but i got no takers so I rang the Heart Foundation shop locally which has a furniture shop right in the middle of town and the van came on Monday to collect them. It also sells electricals so they took the old Sky box and remote. I also had a brain wave on Monday morning and gave then 2 prints of paintings which have been hanging around.
    Also my m-i-l was a nurse in the 70s and in rehab classes they used to make those woven foot- stools and we have had one of her creations for about the last 30 years. That went on the van as well.

So the study now has a vast empty space in the middle but i am getting used to it. Everything that was in the 2nd desk was sorted through, some went into paper recycling or got shredded and what was left has all gone neatly into the file drawers in the main desk.

Tuesday i took some bits to the food bank trolley in Tesco, a box and a bagfull of stuff to the charity shop and a huge bag of books went to the oxfam book bank. Plus another shoe box full of stuff was put aside for the Christmas shoe box collection

Today OH was in the loft and he came down with 2 boxes of stuff - Ive not been up there for donkeys years so it fills me with horror as to what is up there - the remnants of 2 house clearances and the detritus from 2 sons bedrooms when the bedrooms were remodelled plus another 30 years of our own stuff
    One box was full of pencils and such like so very easily sorted through and mostly destined for plastic waste or the fire. The other was M -i-l photos, some wedding ones so these were saved for posterity, the rest random holiday ones and condemned to the paper recycling.
    So now Ive got OH motivated he says he will keep bringing stuff down from the loft - think its going to be a long job though ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure