Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    So I'm at the supermarket buying a bag of grain-free dog food. While in the check out line a lady behind me asked me if I had a dog. Why else would I be buying dog food, right! So being me, I told her no, I don't have a dog, I'm starting the Dog Food Diet again, and I probably shouldn't because last time I ended up in the hospital - but I did lose 50 lbs prior to waking up in the ICU with IV's and tubes in both ends. I also told her that it was a perfect diet because all I would have to do is load my pockets full of dog nuggets and eat 1 or 2 each time I was hungry. The nuggets are nutritionally complete so this why I want to try it again. (I have to mention that everyone in line behind us were completely enthralled with my story!). Horrified, she asked if I landed up in the hospital because the dog food poisoned me. I told her sarcastically NO, I stepped off of a curb to sniff a poodle and a car hit me. I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack from laughing so hard.
    Now that you've read this, I confess I copied and shared it. Now it's your turn to copy and share, make someone laugh today. We all could use a good laugh, lol !!
    :rotfl::rotfl:
    coreysnan wrote: »
    Hello everyone, sorry been awol for a very long time due to real life and a very serious car accident involving my son, been a very long road but 15 months on a slight normality is returning to my home. Sarah the marks on your sons back look like stretch marks, my son had these during growth spurts. They will fade in time to a paler colour. Bio oil is great. Take care everyone x
    I am sorry to read this and glad things are improving x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • SweetnSavvy
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Arrgg!!! My asti one I wanted to get to under £20 comes in at£20.20...soooo close!!!

Also, question about APG's for those that use self service to put them in themselves please. Can you use more than one at a time, and wil it ask for a superviser if it goes over a certain amount, say a £17 and a £11 one? TIA

I have put through more than one without any problem but also have sometimes had to have a supervisor using two. I haven't got to the bottom of why.

SnS
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I have put through more than one without any problem but also have sometimes had to have a supervisor using two. I haven't got to the bottom of why.

SnS

I thought it might have been when it gets over £20.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • coreysnan
    coreysnan Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Tweets, it was a very dark place for a long time. He suffered a shearing of the brain, big bleeds, broken neck, arm, leg, punctured lung. Life support for 5 weeks. Pneumonia, sepsis followed. Told to prepare for the worst. But I never gave up, every day at Southmead hospital. 5 months in hospital and brain rehabilitation unit in Bristol. He has traumatic brain injury but he is home now, walking, talking learning to ride a bicycle again. He is only 24, Lost most of his memory but by God he makes us laugh now. So proud of how far he has come on. I do try to keep up with the thread as much as I can. It's lovely to have this thread x
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,008 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Any elite tips on the cheapest place for car hire in Jamaica? I know about buying the excess waivers online. Thanks
    I think....
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Theres a couple of great adverts on. I saw the mcvities one with the animation of a man in a crane earlier, great advert, and now just seen the money supermarket one with all the old action men on, fantastic!
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    My T shop worked perfectly:)

I paid £5 for the groupon and £2.74 for today's shop and £3.95 back on Green Jinn:)

5_BECE1_B2-1381-4_FA8-9374-_F29_C0437_E01_D.png

1345_D797-24_CC-48_E0-962_E-5985_F6_B67536.jpg
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    coreysnan wrote: »
    Thank you Tweets, it was a very dark place for a long time. He suffered a shearing of the brain, big bleeds, broken neck, arm, leg, punctured lung. Life support for 5 weeks. Pneumonia, sepsis followed. Told to prepare for the worst. But I never gave up, every day at Southmead hospital. 5 months in hospital and brain rehabilitation unit in Bristol. He has traumatic brain injury but he is home now, walking, talking learning to ride a bicycle again. He is only 24, Lost most of his memory but by God he makes us laugh now. So proud of how far he has come on. I do try to keep up with the thread as much as I can. It's lovely to have this thread x

Glad you never give up and so glad your son's come so far. :T
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    Any elite tips on the cheapest place for car hire in Jamaica? I know about buying the excess waivers online. Thanks

I know where you get some cheap ganja :D;):rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport