PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Monday 14th May 2018

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Comments

• Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning everyone :hello:

I’m hoping that the weather is more cheerful today than it was yesterday. It was quite a dull overcast day here and I want to go to a couple of places in the town today.

I noticed yesterday that there is a for sale board outside the house of my neighbours who have frequent public arguments and throw each other’s belongings out of windows. I would imagine that there are a lot of people who live around here wondering whether they are moving or separating.

Having finally finished sorting out my entrance hall cupboard yesterday I didn’t get around to doing any other housework so will need to have a quick clean through today before I go out.

When I have been shopping in town I will have a wander around as usual, but other than that I don’t have any plans for today.

Csarina and nanny have a good holiday.

Have a good day everyone.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning Holly and everyone who will be here later.

I'm just pootling about on here and will get ready for work soon. I'm not usually at work on Mondays but have had to change my days this week to accommodate a meeting. Today will be a very long day but not desperately challenging - hope that's not famous last words.

The sun is shining and it is already warm, a treat!

I hope everyone has a good day.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

Lovely day here, the sun is just about to break through and it should be warm. We've had a couple of beautiful days here for a change, the washing is all up to date and the garden is coming on. I got another big chunk of the driveway done yesterday, I have to give up before my back goes or I get a blister on my hands.

I'm car-less this week, DS2 and GF have gone up north to do some island hopping, I'll get the train into work, looked into the bus that passes the end of the road but it takes over an hour!

I'm struggling with a sore throat so probably just as well I have no car and can't go swimming before work - hoping the extra walking to and from the station will count as my exercise!

Hope everyone has had a good weekend, are you ok TA?
    Have happy holidays csarina and nanny, safe journey home Mrs SD, you'll be glad of the rest when you get back!

Happy Monday, take care. XX
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    Morning everyone

TravellingAbuela - hope you're all ok x

hollyharvey - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Clear sky and sun shining this morning, forecast isn't looking too bad for the next few days, so load in WM - will try to get a load pegged out each day.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly.

Lunch yesterday was lovely we don't go out much for Sunday lunch but where we went yesterday is one of our favourite places, food was yummy. I remembered to get the chicken out to defrost - dinner tonight will be chicken in mustard sauce with mash and veg.

Back to work today - we weren't that busy on Saturday so not sure what today will bring - we'll see.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning hello.gif[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Judi Your daughter is amazing x[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I had a quiet weekend. A few ambles around the local area with Scampi, a serious pampering session for my feet (not sure why they get so dry and sore, it's not like I've got a busy job where I'm standing up all day), some scribbling in notebooks and I've caught up with my recorded programs. Also sorted my tomatoes and cucumbers, they're neatly planted in my greenhouse looking a bit sorry for themselves, but they should perk up in a couple of days.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Some work came in over the weekend so I'll be able to earn a bit of money today :D I need to sort and clean the fridge and do some dusting. Miss tru sorted through her clothes and has a binliner full of worn out/holey stuff. I told her not to throw it out, I'm going to go through it all and remove all the buttons and zips. I've never yet used a saved zip, and only used the occasional button, but I HAVE to keep them all, lol.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Lots of stretching exercises for me today. There were lots of cats on one of our walks yesterday and of course Scampi reacted nastily to each and every one. The sudden yanking on the lead while wrapping himself around me has left me very limpy and achy. Feel old and doddery today, lol.[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,028 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Good morning everyone.

Promising sky outside again. Yesterday was lovely, lovely enough that I did two washing loads and everything dried.

I took the car to the farmer who put air in one car tyre for me. We then chatted for ages and ages which I really enjoyed. Meanwhile a local young man nipped into my back garden and did the first cut of the grass for me. :j. It was so long and soggy, he did a high cut so when (or if) the ground drys out I can use my own mower.

A quick run to the tip was next and then in the afternoon the gardener bloke came back to finish off laying the membrane. Now I need to order the bark, seems I need six -eight tons :eek: seems excessive but I'm no expert. Think I'll ask on the GF board, folk there are really helpful.

Happy holidays to those going off. Happy walking week to camelot. Happy Monday to everyone.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread Holly and hugs to all those in need.

Sunny here this morning, I've been up since 5:30, our batteries need replacing so we turn the inverter off overnight. We are hoping to manage the batteries until next summer as they will cost almost £2000 to replace.

DD2 has text me with her forthcoming childcare needs so I've booked those in my diary, she's still waiting to find out what day this week she has to go to Amsterdam, she is also going to China in June.

CHS is yet again on the late shift, so it means long days for me this week.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,584 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    It's another beautiful day here in Yorkshire but I will mostly be packing or cleaning the house ready to go home. The exception will be to walk the Ziggypup. DH has gone to work, I had thought of going with him and carrying on home with him following later, using up a return portion of a rail ticket he has. The sun has put paid to that because I would have to have a "comfort break" and I wouldn't be able to leave Ziggy in the car and leaving her tied up outside a services is also not an option. DH will come back and then we'll all go home together this evening.

DSiL is back from his travels in the far east so we will be returning Ziggy to them on Wednesday, we'll miss her.

DS and DDiL are also home from Croatia, they had a good time but I don't think the weather was anything special. He's back working in Wales from tomorrow.
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Good morning,

I hope you all had a good weekend.

On Friday night, you may remember, I had a friends engagement party and I knew my ex was going to be there. From the moment I walked in it felt like there was an elephant in the room. So i took the plunge and went over to talk to her. It was all amicable and very friendly, thankfully. It's been almost 2 years since I seen her last so the water is well and truly under the bridge.

Given the party on the Friday, my Saturday was spent nursing a sore head and I was working on Sunday.

It's Monday, the start of a new week and half way through May (!!!). I've got a quiet week ahead thankfully and I'll aim to keep costs to a minimum to recoup what was an expensive Friday!

Been to the gym this morning and I've got a game of football tonight. Along with lots of washing.

You all sounds like you've had productive weekends. Well done everyone.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning everyone,

Dry, bright and sunny here, we are set for a nice week weather wise. I am quite achey this morning after spending yesterday afternoon working in the garden but it’s mostly all done now and looking good so worth the effort.
    Am fasting this morning as overly indulged yesterday with roast dinner, wine and choc but enjoyed every bite / slurp :D need to get to the shops for some fresh salad bits etc and little dog is nearly out of food.
    Tonight’s meal will be something with leftover chicken yet to be decided.

Well done on being the first to speak with your ex Speky sounds like a good party.
    Thinking of the TA’s and hoping they are ok.

Have a good day folks x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport