what is a years supply?

Options
Hi, I received a winning e mail last month that i had won this comp

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5803912&highlight=irish+oats

have been chasing it up, last week i picked up 2 boxes of flahaven porridge and 2 bowls, didn't think this was a years supply so thought it was a different comp.
have now been told that i signed for the prize last Thursday so obviously that is it, 2 boxes for a year??? was looking forward to making oatcakes and flapjacks for the rest of the year, I know it is still a win but a bit disapointed

Comments

• hamsterfan1
    hamsterfan1 Posts: 8,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    it's possible that it was a month's supply of oats and they'll send you more every month or so. I 've won a years supply of cleanser, 12 bottles but each bottle lasts 3 months so way over a year's supply
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Check the T&Cs for any quantities but it can vary tremendously and often be far less than you might first think - for example a 1kg box of rice krispies is 17 portions, if they allow 1 portion a week then roughly 3 boxes is a years supply
  • mjm3346
    Options
    Flahaven ran their own comp in 2017 in the ROI for a years supply and the prize was
    A year's supply of Flahavan's products for one person. The winner will receive a daily serving of porridge oats plus additional sampling products subject to availability.

http://www.flahavans.ie/competitions/operationoats/506
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sipsmiths' believe a year's supply of gin is a bottle a month. That's way too much for me - but others here may disagree. A year's supply of Hotel Chocolat is one box a month.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • mjm3346
    Options
    I just remembered one running at the moment for a years supply of cake - that is not one cake a day or every other day, not even just two cakes a week but only one cake a month. (12 cakes to me is on the mean side for a months supply but for a whole year)
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    edited 25 April 2018 at 5:02PM
    Options
    I won a years supply of Sunny D last year, it arrived in voucher form-52 vouchers for 1L bottles, so 52 Liters is a years supply. There are six of us in this house and we still ended up giving loads of vouchers away.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • Blueyez
    Options
    NBLondon wrote: »
    Sipsmiths' believe a year's supply of gin is a bottle a month. That's way too much for me - but others here may disagree. A year's supply of Hotel Chocolat is one box a month.
    One box a month?! :( That's more like a day's supply in this chocoholic household! :rotfl:I recently won a Ferrero rocher pyramid containing 192 chocolates...it didn't last long once opened!
    2018 wins-12wins
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I won a year's supply of lager about 4 years ago.
    It was 72 cans every quarter!

I drink wine now LOL
  • Blueyez
    Options
    According to Pip & Nut 24 jars of nut butter is a years supply.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,100 Forumite
    Options
    What about the Jude's Ice Cream. I think that says it's 52 tubs delivered in one lot? I always wondered how people store it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure