Swagbucking into 2017

Options

Comments

• Emmaaar22
    Emmaaar22 Posts: 731 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Swago is live
    2017 Wins - Coco Pops, £100 Amazon voucher, Elf T-shirt, £250 Zalando Voucher and £250 FeelUnique Voucher, private gig concerts
    2018 Wins - Steep xbox game, 2 tangle teezer, Contagion Book, JC Annual, water sports bottle, 10p, 2 cricket tickets, can of fizz, 10p, Ribenia, Johnson baby products
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    First swago square I click on is the earn from search and get a 20 SB search win.
  • Super_Trouper
    Options
    Daily poll ticked off for me on Swago, but not on the ro do list. :huh:
  • mjm3346
    edited 9 October 2017 at 6:23PM
    Options
    Already a much better spin and win for me than last time, 2 survey and 2 search double ups, a 50 swag-up for the next gift card and 26 SB in bucks
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Daily poll ticked off for me on Swago, but not on the ro do list. :huh:
    I have a similar thing with deal of the day. The daily list seems to be all over the shop.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • mjm3346
    Options
    Swag Code Alert! Enter LuggageMule in the Swag Code box until 7PM BST to earn 3SB

remember to redeem through the swagbutton (joining swago first)
  • mjm3346
    Options
    Got the usual ncrave 2 SB for 5 vids, this has followed on to sets of 3 vids for 3 SB
  • GinCo
    GinCo Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Without wishing to intrude on others' use of it to chat, this is the forum thread that the MSE "Top 25 Online Survey Sites" article points to for #2 Swagbucks.

I think it'd be helpful if it, or another thread, gave info about the site's wrinkles even if (especially because?) they're well known to its established users here.

I signed up last month, and several negative experiences have already made me think it doesn't (still?) deserve to be rated #2, but I'm not sure if they're particular to me or general, and don't find a conversation about these issues here.

To be specific IME surveys often 'terminate' a long way in, the 'time-required' quoted is often self-evidently bogus (changing as you're referred onwards, and always longer) and it's quite common to be ripped-off with SB not being paid for completed surveys. I'd say the 'Peanut Labs' sub-contracted ones are worst for that, to the extent that I already don't bother with them at all any more.

Personally, I suspect that part of my problem is that I answer questions about socioeconomic status (ABC1C2DE) and educational level truthfully, according to the criteria given, but don't consistently fit with the varying descriptions, and so appear 'unreliable'. Is that plausible?

Do other, long-standing users have tips to pass on to new-users for navigating this site's practices, and objective advice on what to expect? Obviously, it's 'free pocket-money' for time spent but that shouldn't exempt it from being honest in its offer(s) and I'm currently thinking it's overall a dodgy outfit, unlike Populus @ #4 on the MSE list, which I've been happily subscribed to for years.
  • mjm3346
    edited 10 October 2017 at 2:39AM
    Options
    GinCo wrote: »

Do other, long-standing users have tips to pass on to new-users for navigating this site's practices, and objective advice on what to expect? Obviously, it's 'free pocket-money' for time spent but that shouldn't exempt it from being honest in its offer(s) and I'm currently thinking it's overall a dodgy outfit, unlike Populus @ #4 on the MSE list, which I've been happily subscribed to for years.

Surveys nearly always pay (considerably) more on survey sites direct than on third party sites which take a cut, but there is money to be had without them from the mobile apps, games, web searching, daily/monthly bonuses, swago etc - I have had £250 in the last 3 months and I haven't done any pay/cash back offers, don't have a referral or use their "affiliate" type thing.

I have used a lot of survey sites including Populus and still do several but none of them come close to matching the monthly earnings potential from Swagbucks. Even with minimal effort £25 a month is easily achievable.

• mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    GinCo wrote: »

I find the swagbucks surveys to be fairly poor - however, you have a plethora of other options to raise Swagbucks. I tend to leave SBTV running on my tablet all day when Im at work which regularly wracks up 40+SB, theres also other things you can have running. Regularly checking during the day will net you an Instant Survey a few times a week. There are referrals should you choose to eat through Just Eat etc.

I think there are better individual survey sites out there, but few that have such a wide range of activities. It wont earn you massive money - but I make around £10 a month. Which at £120 a year is a decent bonus for relatively little output on my part.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport