Changing career

Options
Anyone out there know if there is an online service where you punch in your details and your current job skills and it belches out alternative career options? Or similar....

Without going into what I do, if I have to do it for much longer, I'm going to throw myself under a tram.

Comments

• TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,204 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Have you tried the National Careers Service? https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/skills-health-check/home

You might also consider thinking of what types of thing you would like to do, then researching to see how you current skills would mesh with that, or indeed what other jobs there might be in the field you're interested in.

Is also suggest looking for careers services in your area. If you are a graduate, check whether your university has a careers service and whether they support alumni, or only current students.
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,092 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nightofjoy wrote: »
    Without going into what I do, if I have to do it for much longer, I'm going to throw myself under a tram.

Well there's no clues about what you do but where... probably Manchester...Croydon....Hull.... and as for low job satisfaction - hmm could be anything as we all have "sod this" days, but my money is on nursing or general NHS or teaching.
  • Energize
    Energize Posts: 509 Forumite
    Options
    I think maybe for the sake of your mental health you should see your doctor?
  • nightofjoy
    Options
    Energize wrote: »
    I think maybe for the sake of your mental health you should see your doctor?

I do - regularly, but in this instance I was just about joking.... but thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure