New Nectar iphone Scan

Options
Dandytf
Dandytf Posts: 4,823 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 11 July 2019 at 10:11PM in Shop but don't drop
Managed to continue with beeping self service till in supermarket tonight.
Any mser's had success in using their mobile to scan new nectar card rather then using the cards itself.
I didn't have any success and reverted to swiping with new style card.
I understand it isn't contactless as such though the leaflet states swipe with card or phone.
Any tips
Thanks in advance

https://imgur.com/gallery/f6alGmq
Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb

Comments

• parmavioletuk
    Options
    The scanners on self scan aren't powerful enough for the app. If you want to use the new nectar app (or the Stocard app) on your phone you'll need to go to a 'manned' till, and even then the cashier will probably need to use the hand scanner. Honestly you're better off just using the card and having the app as a back-up, especially if you tend to use self scan a lot. HTH :)
  • Dandytf
    Options
    The scanners on self scan aren't powerful enough for the app. If you want to use the new nectar app (or the Stocard app) on your phone you'll need to go to a 'manned' till, and even then the cashier will probably need to use the hand scanner. Honestly you're better off just using the card and having the app as a back-up, especially if you tend to use self scan a lot. HTH :)

another forum user is reporting that the bar code from store card app should be scanned.
    Though nil success with this either yesterday evening.
    card it is then
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf
    Options

Fixed today after ordering a replacement new style card.
    Nice that iOS app has tap to make bar code bigger,, scanned fine direct from iPhone app.
  • parmavioletuk
    Options
    Yeah, sorry, I meant to come on and update my reply. Since the new app became officially available to the public, you can now tap the barcode to make it bigger. This should make it big enough to scan on self scan, so long as you hold it at the right distance (I've seen lots of customers holding it 1mm from the scanner and wondering why it won't scan! :o), also, most manned tills now have a little scanner next to the chip & pin pads for scanning your Nectar.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure