Deferred state pension.

Options
After claiming my state pension last month and waiting the verbally quoted five weeks to receive the letter giving me the figures for the deferred part, I phoned this morning to find out what was happening. To my surprise (well, maybe not) nothing had been done about it. The person on the phone told me she was sending an urgent email to the deferred calculation unit (in the same office allegedly). I have to wait for another seven days for the letter to be generated. What on earth is going on at DWP?

Comments

• Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The usual chaos - need you ask?!
  • kidmugsy
    kidmugsy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ibizafan wrote: »
    After claiming my state pension last month and waiting the verbally quoted five weeks to receive the letter giving me the figures for the deferred part, I phoned this morning to find out what was happening. To my surprise (well, maybe not) nothing had been done about it. The person on the phone told me she was sending an urgent email to the deferred calculation unit (in the same office allegedly). I have to wait for another seven days for the letter to be generated. What on earth is going on at DWP?

Thanks for the warning: I have been wondering what happened to my letter.
    Free the dunston one next time too.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,514 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ibizafan wrote: »

The letter I've recently received re my deferred pension says 15 working days from date of pension claim - so they aren't get near that then! As Summer holidays will no doubt delay things ,I'll look forward to getting my Choices letter just before Xmas!!:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure