£2700 refund on loan, credit card, overdraft, mortgage or car finance - a scam?

Options
Hello all, long time lurker first time poster!

I’m posting today because a family member sent me a screenshot from Facebook which stated that due to a ‘new ruling’, customers who had taken out a loan, mortgage, credit card or car finance with a list of reputable banks were eligible for a £2,700 refund.

I cannot for the life of me find any info on this so alarm bells are going off already but I wondered whether anyone more legally savvy had thoughts?

All input appreciated, TIA ;)

Comments

• BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ah yes Facebook, full of scams for the gullible and naive.
  • The_squirrell
    Options
    Speaking as someone who works in this field, I can confidently say there is no such ruling. I can confidently say that there is no such figure. I can confidently say that it will be a scam / data mining exercise.

NEVER EVER believe any of these sort of things on Facebook
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've seen that, sadly full of people tagging their friends in

No doubt it'll be a form of advanced fee fraud (pay up front to "investigate" and disappear) or harvesting details for spam
  • The_squirrell
    Options
    A quick search confirms the usual. Its actually a CMC peddling the usual PPI claims. No surprise that they are based in Manchester with the usual long list of dubious addresses and "Directors".

STEER CLEAR!!!
    I work in Data Protection and spend my days dealing with CMC's. Only here trying to help!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure