Can I claim back late payment charges on my secured loan?

Options
Hi, I am in the process of reclaiming a few PPI and bank charges at the moment and have had some welcome success.
However, I have a secured loan with Swift finance and from when I was suffering severe financial hardship I know they battered my account with late payment charges which are now outstanding on my account seperate to my loan figure.
I think the way it works is that when I have paid off my loan I will then be expected to pay up for all of this charges.

Is there any way I can claim back for these charges?

Thanks

Comments

• suzyy285
    Options
    Have similar question, been getting £60 default sum on secured loan when just 10 days late, can i claim these back, please help Ta xx
  • poiuytrewq12
    Options
    Hi I have a similar case with swift advance I was charged £70 each time when late and over the years my charges were about 4K I have now paid off all my loan wit. Them but can I claim back the charges. Can any help or advice please
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    On what grounds would you be claiming back these charges... your payments were late and the terms of your agreement set out that they could charge you for this.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thread is from 2012.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts